Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifter and pushrod mix up

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifter and pushrod mix up

ok guys i made a bobo. I pulled my motor and rippe dit apart cause i thought i had a stuck lifter. so when i pulled it all out my lifters and pushrods got all mixed up due to moving like three times. anyways after pullin it all apart it ended up being a rod bearing from the looks of it i still have to pull it apart a little more to verifiy. but is it ok if the i get the lifters and rods mixed up im using different heads and rockers
Old 12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

depending on how worn the push-rods are you will probably be all set. I have swapped rockers to trouble shoot a valve train issue. Good luck with finding the bearing!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Staging Lane

Get new lifters and pushrods.... Lifters are fairly cheap, and great insurance so you don't have to pull the heads again down the road.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You shouldn't really mix them per the service manual. However, if a bearing went toes up you may want to change the lifters anyhow or at least disassemble and thoroughly clean. No telling if any metal may have collected in them and replacement may save headaches down the road as previously mentioned. The reason for not mixing is the parts tend to wear as a set, depending on you mileage etc. mixing may be an issue. I would tend to replace the parts harder to reach later.

Quick Reply: lifter and pushrod mix up