Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Powerdyne on 94 LT1, need info, injector size, fuel pump etc...

Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Powerdyne on 94 LT1, need info, injector size, fuel pump etc...

I recently purchased a powerdyne supercharger for my 94 Lt1. My car has full exhaust and intake, 4.10 gears in a m6,and a few other things. Stock cam and heads, stock bottom end. Has about 75000 miles on it.

It is a 6 psi blower and has all the brackets and piping. It also included "an upgraded msd box".
What do I need (or would be a good idea) to install with the supercharger?

I plan to get a mail order tune before I install the blower. Do I need bigger injectors and a fuel pump?
What are some good parts to use?
Do i need to gap my plugs differently (from .55 stock)?
How about an intercooler or water injection system? Is it worth the extra money for my application? What kind of power boost should I expect from either of these?

I have the extra funds and was thinking about doing a cam swap at the same time. Would it be a good idea to have new valvesprings, lifters etc with a supercharger, or should I wait to do the cam?
Also any recommendations on a cam would be nice, I was gonna do a cc502 or cc305 cam, maybe a cc503, before I bought the supercharger. I live in CA so it has to pass emissions, and this car is my daily driver. I'm not sure what the difference is between a blower and NA cam.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

For injectors, Ford 30lbers will prolly be all you need but Ford 42lbers will allow for more boost later. A single intank Walboro with hotwire kit will be all you need for your fuel pump.

For plugs you may have to experiment. Possibly some stock replacement plugs gapped @.040-.045" or autolite 104's also gapped .040-.045".

Water injection will prolly keep your intake temps down better but an intercooler could save your engine should your supercharger blow up. However with @6lbs of boost you may not even need water injection or an intercooler for intake temp reasons. You would know better if you were able to check your intake air temps while in boost. If you cant data log and check your IAT's there are IAT gauges you can buy.

I wouldnt do a cam swap with that supercharger with that amount of boost. You could do springs and roller rockers tho. Some 1.6 summit racing roller rockers and Manlley tool steel springs or Beehive springs. The Manley springs are stock diameter and do not require any machining but Im not sure about the Beehives tho.

These are some of the things that I picked up along the way. Goodluck!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, I will probably get a racetronix fuel system and some 42lb injectors. Experimenting with the plugs does not sound fun, I have to remove the headers to get access to them...

I was thinking of getting a dyno tune, if I held off on the water injection system and end up getting one later would the pcm have to be retuned?

Why would you not do a cam swap? Is there a good reason to keep the stock cam with boost? I have a cc502 lying around I could put in.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

I found that vortec sells fuel management units for about $170 at summit.
Would an fmu take the place of bigger injectors and a tune?
Its seems like it would be a lot cheaper... Is a new fuel pump needed with an fmu?
Pros and cons of a fmu vs bigger injectors and tune?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

yes run ngk plugs over autolites or a stock gap. Also you will need 42lb injectors minimum and a 255 fuel pump is recommended
Old 12-17-2011, 09:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by cyteone
I found that vortec sells fuel management units for about $170 at summit.
Would an fmu take the place of bigger injectors and a tune?
Its seems like it would be a lot cheaper... Is a new fuel pump needed with an fmu?
Pros and cons of a fmu vs bigger injectors and tune?
Don't use an fmu, anything goes wrong with it and it will lean out...engine will be done. Cheap plus supercharger is an equation to disaster. I would gap the plugs @ .035.
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-31-2011, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up getting a Racetronix 255lph fuel pump with their wiring kit, 42lb Racetronix injectors for an LS1 (which according to what I've read fits an LT1 Also), a water injection system, and a MSD 6al with coil.
I will have it Dyno-tuned at newtech performance when I get everything on there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Powerdyne on 94 LT1, need info, injector size, fuel pump etc...