Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning

i got a 2001 ss camaro whats the best way to get it tuned,efi live or a handheld tuner
Old 12-17-2011, 01:04 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start with www.google.com and the search button on here...followed by ALOT of reading!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to dedicate the time to acquiring a lot of knoweldge and tune it yourself, then go with efilive or hptuner (what I use). If you just want to flash a generic tune on it that is not customized to exactly what your mods are, handhelds are ok, but anything outside the parameters of the specific tune will require a professional tune.

That being said, the stickies on here and on the HPtuner (and I am sure efilive) website are probably a great starting point for you to being learning about this stuff.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on your mods - most handheld tuners don't take into account any mods when they develop their "can" tunes... even headers, lids, etc, need fueling tables tailored for them - put some of those handheld tunes in on top of those mods without checking the AFR on a wideband, and you can have some real problems... personally, I would either learn to do it right yourself with either HPTuners/EFILive, or get it done by a proffesional...
Old 12-17-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off the shelf "can" tunes can be pretty far off when you have the mods they specify...least that is my experience with Subaru and Ford ones. Have not logged a gm one yet.