Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help keeping it running

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help keeping it running

Just installed the heads and cam, as long as i keep my foot on the gas around 1k rpms it will run and not too bad. does have a bit of smoking out the exhaust. Here is the tune and file I have now. Any suggestions on what needs to be changed?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why did you apply a 1 bar SD OS to your calibration and then not do the things in the tune to make it run in SD mode? I'm guessing you think it needs to run in SD? Why?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have no clue lol..... Tell you the truth I did not even know I had it set to that. Long story short, I had this car about 3-4 years ago, got rid of it due to having a kid, and though I began to learn a great deal about tuning then, almost 4 years later with no tuning, I forgot most of what I learned and where I left off on the car. I just got the car back and kind of starting from scratch again.

Problem is its not like I can ge back in to it slowly. Tranny went out and within 500 miles of the built tranny with 3600 stall going in had a bent pushrod so decided to put new heads and cam in it. So taking a big leap into a lot of crap that needs to be tuned all at once. Thats why I am looking for any help with it.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to work on your VE table, I'd say you're probably 30% too rich. Or you could try running the MAF and it would probably be alot better with the current tune.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
You need to work on your VE table, I'd say you're probably 30% too rich. Or you could try running the MAF and it would probably be alot better with the current tune.
Thanks man, I just pulled a bunch more fuel at idle and put it o/l and it already runs much better.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone have a minute to take a look as see if you can find whats going on here? Appears to idle fine when cold. When it gets to about 160 starts getting rich and then stalls out.

Really want to get on this thing and drive but need to get this idle problem fixed first.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
69LT1BIRD LOG1.4.hpl (134.2 KB, 43 views)