Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen sensors- I'm going INSANE

Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen sensors- I'm going INSANE

Please help me, I've been through lt1swap and still very confused. I only need the front O2 sensors for my swap.

I'm putting a lq4 from a 03 express (apparently). It has a blue/red connector to the pcm. One of the previous owners cut off the O2 sensors to the passenger side, so I have no idea what was there. The Drivers side has a whie trapezoidal connector that I believe is for the front O2 sensor.

I went to the junkyard today, but all they had was s10s, so I grabbed O2 sensors and their plugs. I got some flat ones that were their fronts and black square plug that fits an O2 sensor that I ordered before.

Is there a way I can figure out if it was supposed to have case or isolated grounded sensors? Then I could just use a GM isolated or grounded sensors....right?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

http://lt1swap.com/vortec_o2_sensors.htm
Old 12-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not even sure which plugs were on my harness to begin with. Also the Express vans were sort of all over the place.

I'm wondering if there is a way to look at the harness and see if it's meant for a case grounded or not? Sorry, I'm just not getting it.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

So I cut down into the harness leading toward the tranny and found a plice pack for the tan wires. I believe this suggests that it is an isolated ground system as per the lt1swap page. Is this corect?

Search this Thread