Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maf

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Question Maf

Hope to start building my intake system soon( air cleaner to tb), is there a prefered position for the MAF, close to the tb ?, in a straight section? The engine is an 05 vette, I believe the maf was directly in front of the tb, but I acquired this project unassembled so will not be sure until I check out a 05 manual.
Thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Cool

I am totally amazed, all the info on this site and not one answer to this question???? It must be so simple that I am making it way to complicated.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't put it near a bend, try to have a nice clean straight tube (before and after several inches)
Which MAF you using, I'd recommend a screen before it as well, smooths airflow (Hz reading) seen this first hand.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by oldngray
I am totally amazed, all the info on this site and not one answer to this question???? It must be so simple that I am making it way to complicated.
No, you are just asking the wrong group of people... The conversions / hybrids area is really where this question should be and most of those people don't spend a lot of time here.

To answer your question, the MAF should be near the end of the longest straight section of intake track you have. This allows air to flow through it in a linear fashion which will give the most accurate and consistent results. If you notice where the OEM's place them you will see what I mean. The MAF is rarely coming off a bend and if it does the bend is as gradual as possible.

Post some pictures of your project in the conversions section, we'd love to see it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info, maybe I will hit the conversions as stated. will try some pics when I get another project out of the shop and the chevelle back in.