Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Default Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra

Ya don't get to say that to often...lol

I was cruising home with my friend Branden(mypoorls1) and spotted this Cobra. We were goin the same direction so I eventually caught him in Mexico. He had a quite ammusing vanity plate that he may consider changeing now.

1st half run was kinda bs. I wasn't beside him(my nose at the back of his fender) I was in second@ 6000 thinking we would slow a bit and he drops gears and hits it and jumps 1/2 car I hit the limieter hard in 2nd, my nose at the back of his qtr panel now. I nail 3rd like a champ and pull back up to his fender and hit the limiter again......all this limiter hitting is killing the **** out of my momentum. I pull 4th and we shut down for traffic almost even with me pulling. That was a terrible crappy run for me (with a almost 200lb extra in the car and a full tank of gas)and I knew if I could get him to bite again it was gonna get bad for him.

We chat a second in the turn around. He's got a pulley, exhaust, a straight axle swap and that was all I could catch with haveing to move for traffic. I asked him if he wanted to go back the other way and hit it. He knodded yea.

2nd run we went from a slow in 1st with my bumper at the back of his fender again. He took the hit, I did'nt hear him spin or see his car wiggle and I rold into the throttle agressively but not to fast. I'm dead hooked. When I can go full throttle in 1st like that it's gonna be bad news for him. I put 1/2-3/4 car on him in 1st. I pull 2nd and keep that momentum rolling and have almost 3 on him by the end of 2nd. I hit 3rd and it starts to look really bad for him as I was straight up yanking him by then. I pull 4th and shut down after a second or 2 with alot of distance between us.....probally a couple buses......maybe more.....lol

I did'nt get a chance to chat with him after that run. He lives out my way so maybe I'll run into to him again and get to chat. He seemed cool and I actually met him a couple years ago waiting for a auto accident to be moved out of the road.

ps. He was by his self. My weight should've been a little over 3400 on this run. For you weight misers.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the kill!

Now you are officially a somebody
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heater
Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Not the first kill on a 03 -04 Cobra, but it has been a while. So I guess that means I've been somebody for a while now.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Damn good kill man assuming you was N/A and the Termi's are boosted. I kick their butt's all the time when all they have is a pulley/ ported eaton/ exhaust ect. The only ones that give me trouble (verry lil trouble mind you) are the 600+ RWHP Whipple or KB Termi's. Hell, they need 16+ PSi tho to make that power too lol. I put a hurting on them with my lil 6 psi on stock heads and a mild cam.The come factory making more boost than 6 tho..I think they make 8 or 9 stock..hehe
Old 12-18-2011, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Always n/a bro. I don't like nos, that **** runs out. I had a v8 monza with it back in the day. I would be out of nos by the time I would get to town......I only live 4 miles from town.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Am I the only one tired of the words "puppy kicked" on here? Can we change it to like kitten stomped or something?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Ya don't get to say that to often...lol

I was cruising home with my friend Branden(mypoorls1) and spotted this Cobra. We were goin the same direction so I eventually caught him in Mexico. He had a quite ammusing vanity plate that he may consider changeing now.

1st half run was kinda bs. I wasn't beside him(my nose at the back of his fender) I was in second@ 6000 thinking we would slow a bit and he drops gears and hits it and jumps 1/2 car I hit the limieter hard in 2nd, my nose at the back of his qtr panel now. I nail 3rd like a champ and pull back up to his fender and hit the limiter again......all this limiter hitting is killing the **** out of my momentum. I pull 4th and we shut down for traffic almost even with me pulling. That was a terrible crappy run for me (with a almost 200lb extra in the car and a full tank of gas)and I knew if I could get him to bite again it was gonna get bad for him.

We chat a second in the turn around. He's got a pulley, exhaust, a straight axle swap and that was all I could catch with haveing to move for traffic. I asked him if he wanted to go back the other way and hit it. He knodded yea.

2nd run we went from a slow in 1st with my bumper at the back of his fender again. He took the hit, I did'nt hear him spin or see his car wiggle and I rold into the throttle agressively but not to fast. I'm dead hooked. When I can go full throttle in 1st like that it's gonna be bad news for him. I put 1/2-3/4 car on him in 1st. I pull 2nd and keep that momentum rolling and have almost 3 on him by the end of 2nd. I hit 3rd and it starts to look really bad for him as I was straight up yanking him by then. I pull 4th and shut down after a second or 2 with alot of distance between us.....probally a couple buses......maybe more.....lol

I did'nt get a chance to chat with him after that run. He lives out my way so maybe I'll run into to him again and get to chat. He seemed cool and I actually met him a couple years ago waiting for a auto accident to be moved out of the road.

ps. He was by his self. My weight should've been a little over 3400 on this run. For you weight misers.
(didn't)
Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Btw good kill. Sounds like fun runs
Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
Damn good kill man assuming you was N/A and the Termi's are boosted. I kick their butt's all the time when all they have is a pulley/ ported eaton/ exhaust ect. The only ones that give me trouble (verry lil trouble mind you) are the 600+ RWHP Whipple or KB Termi's. Hell, they need 16+ PSi tho to make that power too lol. I put a hurting on them with my lil 6 psi on stock heads and a mild cam.The come factory making more boost than 6 tho..I think they make 8 or 9 stock..hehe

Aren't you the one that everybody was laughing at for having all those mods and not running 10's?
Old 12-18-2011, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Am I the only one tired of the words "puppy kicked" on here? Can we change it to like kitten stomped or something?
I thought about saying bitch slapped. But I was trying to keep it family oriented

I guess I could've said... I went honey badger on a 03-04 Cobra...lol

How does yours run Heater? I've never seen ya say.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What was his vanity plate?
Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Aren't you the one that everybody was laughing at for having all those mods and not running 10's?
Easy bro, his car is FAST!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6sleeper
What was his vanity plate?
I won't say as to not incriminate anyone. It was anti Camaro oriented.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
How does yours run Heater? I've never seen ya say.

I haven't.

It has a bad clutch and I need to do some home improvements before I spend the $$$ on a new clutch.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Hio is full of himself. He didn't beat a cobra. You can't even run 10's in that POS . . . . Been a long time since I've seen a like that.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Nice kill.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the kill!

LOL! That's pretty funny.

Good kill, the "creative weight reduction" and gears definitely helped you. Would be interesting to see how you fared against a full bolt on/tuned 5.0
Old 12-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jthunderz28

Good kill, the "creative weight reduction" and gears definitely helped you. Would be interesting to see how you fared against a full bolt on/tuned 5.0
I'd like to see that one myself. Does anybody have one in our area?
Old 12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jthunderz28

I out ran pullied Cobra's before the weight reduction.

I ran a stock 5.0 back in the late spring /early summer(he picked me)....That was just a raping for him and that was w/o the fast90 and +120lb. The only way I see a bolt-on 5.0 being close is if he could do those 6000+ clutch dumps on the street like they do at the track.

Cobra's can always be iffy on what they got. A pullied car runs good but can be outran easy enough. A kb or whippled car can be a handfull and you would'nt know till it was to late. A bolt-on 5.0 is still gonna have to relie on the hole shot. I don't rely on the hole shot to run my numbers.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-18-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra