Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express Plate review!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Express Plate review!

I wanted to go ahead and post pictures of this and get the thread started. The new part is sitting at home and I'll have install pictures on Friday. Ryan @ Nitrous Express really hooked me up here.

I want to start off by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the setup I have now. I'm currently running a Nitrous Outlet 92mm two stage plate. The truck TB isn't that big and I really have no need for a second stage. I plan on hitting this thing with 200 or less, and all at one time. IF anything else changes, it'll just be going to an electronic WOT switch instead of the current button setup.

Anyway, I was talking to Ryan and he convinced me that a 90mm single stage that they just developed for the L92 intake/TB would work better for me. It's going to be able to be mounted upright on this intake instead of upside down like the LS3 plate is. The MAIN reason for my swap is easier jet changes. It's going to completely take away the stealth setup I have at this particular moment, but that's OKAY. I don't pop my hood to anyone anyway. It's a cammed 6.2l on spray... everyone knows that and I have no problem admitting it to anyone. I'm still slow after all.

Here it is as it sits.

As you can see, right now it's super stealth. Tech even missed it at the track. Friday I'll install the new plate and give you guys some new pictures.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

As expected, the quality of this piece is just outstanding and if it wasn't for me being a little selfish and wanting things to stay hidden, it would have been absolutely perfect. Everyone has been asking why the switch, and hopefully this will give some insight. One of the main reasons is the ability to spray a 400 shot on a single stage.

For starters, the plate I have from Nitrous Outlet claims to be a 92mm, but when you compare it to Nitrous Express's 90mm... It's actually has a smaller diameter. As you can see, the NX plate on top is larger!

Now, the Nitrous Express is slightly thicker and more bulky. You can see that it is quite a bit thicker.

Nitrous Outlet Plate:

Nitrous Express Plate:

Not a big deal for me. It really doesn't make a difference at all. As far as bolting up the plate, I'm using my own hardware that was left over from the previous plate, just because I always have a 10mm with me and it's a little easier on me. This is just personal preference... no reason why you can't use NX hardware. The only snag I've run into is the fact that I wanted my lines on the drivers side of the intake. If the lines were swapped to the passenger side (just remove the plugs and swap the bungs to the other side), you wouldn't have this issue. The fuel line was touching a tab on the intake when the fitting was turned. Quick dremel work fixed that.

Before:

After:

Overall, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with this setup. I love how the plate fits the truck intake! What I love even more is that I'm the first person to own one. It's still pretty stealthy when the engine cover is on too.

And what you're all really wanting to know... do I notice a difference?

YES. This plate hits much harder than my previous plate. With my old plate being mounted upside down, it would create a small stutter until everything evened out. With this plate, I hit the button and we're off the to races. Overall, hands down, a much better product both in design and function. Thanks Ryan @ Nitrous Express.

Here's some more pictures.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

And I had the Christen my new tool box with the NX sticker.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love doing comparisons. So lets keep this on the technical side and do it right. Lets compare apples to apples here to be fair..

1st. You had a dual stage plate that was made for the car intake on your truck. Our truck specific plates have the fittings that come out of the side. The car plate will however work just fine on the truck platform and many people have done it that way to keep things hidden.

2nd. Our dual stage car plate will flow 400 HP per side. That makes a total of 800 HP total. So lack of flow with our plate was never an issue.

3rd. Our plate's are made to match the throttle body opening so that there is no step between the throttle body to plate causing the air to go turbulent. So if you have a 78mm, 90mm, 92mm or 102mm throttle body we have a perfect match. Why would you not want a smooth transition? You stated our 92mm plate was to big for your 90mm throttle body. Ofcourse it was. You had the wrong plate. But then you stated the NX 90mm plate was alot bigger than then our 92mm plate. How is that a good thing? Obviously its way to big for your 90mm throttle body then.

4th. Yes our plate is only 3/4 thick to keep down the bulkiness and fitments issues caused with a 1 inch thick plate. Even at only 3/4 thick we still have a nice O-Ring gasket.

5th. If you had a small stutter it had nothing to do with how the plate was mounted. It was something in your tune up. There are plenty of people using our plate the same way you were. The stutter caused from the tune up being off would be why the plate did not have the seat of the pants hard hit our plates are so well known for.

6th. If you do feel the plate being upside down was causing an issue for you please keep in mind you are also not doing a fair comparison between the two since you feel the car plate you used on the truck being upside down was causing flow issues.

7th. What was the jetting, timing, spark plug choice, and air fuel of each tune up between the two plates.

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I love doing comparisons. So lets keep this on the technical side and do it right. Lets compare apples to apples here to be fair..

1st. You had a dual stage plate that was made for the car intake on your truck. Our truck specific plates have the fittings that come out of the side. The car plate will however work just fine on the truck platform and many people have done it that way to keep things hidden.

2nd. Our dual stage car plate will flow 400 HP per side. That makes a total of 800 HP total. So lack of flow with our plate was never an issue.

3rd. Our plate's are made to match the throttle body opening so that there is no step between the throttle body to plate causing the air to go turbulent. So if you have a 78mm, 90mm, 92mm or 102mm throttle body we have a perfect match. Why would you not want a smooth transition? You stated our 92mm plate was to big for your 90mm throttle body. Ofcourse it was. You had the wrong plate. But then you stated the NX 90mm plate was alot bigger than then our 92mm plate. How is that a good thing? Obviously its way to big for your 90mm throttle body then.

4th. Yes our plate is only 3/4 thick to keep down the bulkiness and fitments issues caused with a 1 inch thick plate. Even at only 3/4 thick we still have a nice O-Ring gasket.

5th. If you had a small stutter it had nothing to do with how the plate was mounted. It was something in your tune up. There are plenty of people using our plate the same way you were. The stutter caused from the tune up being off would be why the plate did not have the seat of the pants hard hit our plates are so well known for.

6th. If you do feel the plate being upside down was causing an issue for you please keep in mind you are also not doing a fair comparison between the two since you feel the car plate you used on the truck being upside down was causing flow issues.

7th. What was the jetting, timing, spark plug choice, and air fuel of each tune up between the two plates.

Thanks
Dave
As far as the size is concerned. The 92 from you was smaller than the 90 I got from NX. That's one reason I went with the NX in the first place, because its a 90. I've never measured how it mates to the TB, but that isn't the issue. Its the fact that your 92 is smaller than their 90.

As far as the gasket is concerned. Yours constantly fell out every time I removed the plate.

There is nothing wrong with the tune up.

I'm not saying that your plate is ****. I'm saying this one works better for me.

That's why it was called a review VS a comparison.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
I want to start off by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the setup I have now. I'm currently running a Nitrous Outlet 92mm two stage plate. The truck TB isn't that big and I really have no need for a second stage.
And just in case you missed this part.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is how the throttle body lines up with the plate, and ours measures 90.5764mm

I'm glad the plate worked out for you Justin!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

As far as the size is concerned. The 92 from you was smaller than the 90 I got from NX. That's one reason I went with the NX in the first place, because its a 90. I've never measured how it mates to the TB, but that isn't the issue. Its the fact that your 92 is smaller than their 90.

As far as the gasket is concerned. Yours constantly fell out every time I removed the plate.

There is nothing wrong with the tune up.

I'm not saying that your plate is ****. I'm saying this one works better for me.

That's why it was called a review VS a comparison.
Let me respond with saying please dont get offended. You posted a comparison which odds are you were offered a discount on the product if you would do so, Naturally I am going to ask some questions.

What you are saying about the plate opening makes no since. In your first post you stated that you had a 90mm throttle body and that the 92mm plate you were using was bigger than the 90mm throttle body and you did not like that. ( I agree you should have had our 90mm plate that matches that is made for the 90mm throttle body)

Then you turn around and contradict that by saying there 90mm plate has a bigger opening than the 92mm plate you had and thats what you like about it. How does that make any since? You just stated how you were not happy with the plate you had being bigger than the stock throttle body. Why would you want the hole to be even bigger and mis match..

We make many different plate options designed to work with the throttle body they match. It cost us more to do this than if we were to make one plate with a big hole in it. However in the long run they fit better and transition the airfloe much better.

As to the plate O-ring falling out have no idea why that would be but even if it did how often are you taking the plate off and on?

Speaking of O-ring gaskets what type of gasket did the NX plate have? Got any pics?

I understand you are not saying our plate was ****. I appreciate that.

Am I out of line asking these questions? I am just trying to understand your comparison evaluation..

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much does the NX 90 mm plate cost?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Let me respond with saying please dont get offended. You posted a comparison which odds are you were offered a discount on the product if you would do so, Naturally I am going to ask some questions.

What you are saying about the plate opening makes no since. In your first post you stated that you had a 90mm throttle body and that the 92mm plate you were using was bigger than the 90mm throttle body and you did not like that. ( I agree you should have had our 90mm plate that matches that is made for the 90mm throttle body)

Then you turn around and contradict that by saying there 90mm plate has a bigger opening than the 92mm plate you had and thats what you like about it. How does that make any since? You just stated how you were not happy with the plate you had being bigger than the stock throttle body. Why would you want the hole to be even bigger and mis match..

We make many different plate options designed to work with the throttle body they match. It cost us more to do this than if we were to make one plate with a big hole in it. However in the long run they fit better and transition the airfloe much better.

As to the plate O-ring falling out have no idea why that would be but even if it did how often are you taking the plate off and on?

Speaking of O-ring gaskets what type of gasket did the NX plate have? Got any pics?

I understand you are not saying our plate was ****. I appreciate that.

Am I out of line asking these questions? I am just trying to understand your comparison evaluation..

Thanks
Dave
I'm not contradicting myself. I just showed that your so called 92mm plate is smaller than the 90mm that matches my TB perfectly. Which means you either have production issues, or you're selling a part that isn't 92mm like you claim it to be. I've had this plate on three different trucks, and I've taken it off and on probably 15 times in three years. It has fallen out 15 out of 15 times. Guaranteed.

I did not mean this to be a derogatory post. I didn't mean this to turn into a pissing match. If you would, please see your way out. I understand that you are competitors, but it has no business in my thread.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tittan1500
how much does the NX 90 mm plate cost?
Plate is $299 with jets and lines to go from the solenoids http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1635
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Just out of curiosity, what does this Nitrous Outlet LS3 "92mm" two stage go for now? Not including jetting?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

I just went out and grabed a 90mm Plate and a 92mm plate off the shelf.

The 90mm Plate measures a TRUE 89.916
The 92mm Plate measures a TRUE 91.719mm

I then Grabed a stock truck 90 mm throttle body. It its not a true circle The lower half has a larger opening than the top half.

Side to side-87.63mm
Top to bottom-86.13mm

I then grabed a truck intake- It measures 94.64mm At the largest point.

I then grabed a stock car 90mm throttle body.

It is a true circle and measures. 89.81mm

I then grabed a LS7 Car Intake. The Intake opening measures 92.735mm
Old 12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

I just went out and grabed a 90mm Plate and a 92mm plate off the shelf.

The 90mm Plate measures a TRUE 89.916
The 92mm Plate measures a TRUE 91.719mm

I then Grabed a stock truck 90 mm throttle body. It its not a true circle The lower half has a larger opening than the top half.

Side to side-87.63mm
Top to bottom-86.13mm

I then grabed a truck intake- It measures 94.64mm At the largest point.

I then grabed a stock car 90mm throttle body.

It is a true circle and measures. 89.81mm

I then grabed a LS7 Car Intake. The Intake opening measures 92.735mm
So when I bought this plate from you, you sent me a 90mm instead of the 92 I paid for? What's the cost of this so called "92mm" now? I'll sell it back to you for half.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

I'm not contradicting myself. I just showed that your so called 92mm plate is smaller than the 90mm that matches my TB perfectly. Which means you either have production issues, or you're selling a part that isn't 92mm like you claim it to be. I've had this plate on three different trucks, and I've taken it off and on probably 15 times in three years. It has fallen out 15 out of 15 times. Guaranteed.

I did not mean this to be a derogatory post. I didn't mean this to turn into a pissing match. If you would, please see your way out. I understand that you are competitors, but it has no business in my thread.
No need to get upset. You are making claims about a product that is ours. I have every right to address your claims.

based off what you are saying it sounds like you have our 90mm plate and its not even the 92mm.

Did you purchase this new from us or second hand? If you purchased it new can you please give me the name on the order so I can look it up to see what your order was for?

I have put all the measurements above. Nothing but facts.

Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

So when I bought this plate from you, you sent me a 90mm instead of the 92 I paid for? What's the cost of this so called "92mm" now? I'll sell it back to you for half.
What is the name on your order so I can look it up?
Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
here is how the throttle body lines up with the plate, and ours measures 90.5764mm

I'm glad the plate worked out for you Justin!
He is using the 87mm truck tb. Your picture shows the plate on the 90mm ls2 car tb. The truck tb measures 87.75mm.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

What is the name on your order so I can look it up?
Dave
Don't bother. After I asked you to kindly leave this thread (because it was 100% non derogatory to you until you came in) I want absolutely nothing to do with you or your products. The first person to send me 200$ paypal can have this thing.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
He is using the 87mm truck tb. Your picture shows the plate on the 90mm ls2 car tb. The truck tb measures 87.75mm.
I'm upgrading to the LS7 TB very soon.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express Plate review!