Midwestern Members - Who does ported throttle bodies and intakes in illinois?

nastyiroc
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Any input would be great. Also looking for a good reputable place or or port job around the chicagoland area.

kevin99hoss
12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
silverghost Ports TB in the chicago but im not sure if he does intake manifolds or not. What intake are you looking to port?

nastyiroc
12-20-2011, 12:42 PM
If and when I get an ls6 just seeing if any gains can come from porting it? And I want my stock TB ported and polished asap, there was some guy in woodstock that could do it, but he never wanted to call me back....

peakspeedshop
12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
We would be glad to do the intake manifold and throttle body porting for you. We ship to Chicago and our shipping cost is included in our prices. Peak Speed Shop is a supporting vendor of the LS1Tech Forum and we are currently offering a porting special to LS1Tech members through 1/15/12. Here is a link to that thread: http://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/1482655-limited-time-special-intake-manifold-throttle-body-porting.html

You can find out more about us at http://www.peakspeedshop.com/

I hope we can help you out.

nastyiroc
12-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Thanks but I was just seeing if there were any local's on here that could do it.

litle88
12-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Neither are really worth the money ported, I would use that money for something else bud. Do you have a cam?, suspension mods?

BOBS99SS
12-23-2011, 07:15 AM
do it yourself and save some money, this is beyond easy to do,read a write up, and have at it, serious man its freaking so easy

BOBS99SS
12-23-2011, 07:16 AM
all you need is a few grits of sand paper, dremel helps but is not needed, and a small amount of polish , i did mine for 8 bucks, its not worth it to me if you spend any more than 20

birdmaro
12-23-2011, 09:35 AM
ghost does it.

he is on ctr nastyiroc. check out spnosor showcase or something

WonBadZ28
12-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Hit up 408trans_am

He did mine and it came out amazing! Good guy to deal with and gets shit done lightning fast!!! He has tons of powder-coating options as well.

I believe he works with silverghost.

1_bad_TA
12-23-2011, 11:11 PM
You don't listen to well do ya?

nastyiroc
12-24-2011, 11:59 PM
You don't listen to well do ya?

Don't you have a ported throttle body on your car...... I was just seeing if anyone local did it cheap, I have a spare laying around and thought why not.

1_bad_TA
12-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Don't you have a ported throttle body on your car...... I was just seeing if anyone local did it cheap, I have a spare laying around and thought why not.

I have a FAST 90/Ported LS2 intake setup. Told you a bunch of times. Onebadws6 did it for me and it works great. Hell you've seen it before. Last time me and you ran into eachother at 66 and your buddy had his there I opened it and shown you. Matt D had one also and look what his car did.

nastyiroc
12-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I have a FAST 90/Ported LS2 intake setup. Told you a bunch of times. Onebadws6 did it for me and it works great. Hell you've seen it before. Last time me and you ran into eachother at 66 and your buddy had his there I opened it and shown you. Matt D had one also and look what his car did.

I sent him a PM

ONEBADWS6
12-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the referral Jim

SilverGhost
12-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the referral Jim

Wasn't aware you pay to advertise on here now bro.

Yes we still offer all our porting and coating services. Throttle bodies, intakes, heads, etc.

We are located in Woodstock, IL:)

nastyiroc
12-27-2011, 01:27 AM

Yes we still offer all our porting and coating services. Throttle bodies, intakes, heads, etc.

No one ever wanted to call me back.... I wanted to get my rim fixed and my throttle body ported left several messages and a few txts to TIM nothing ever back....

SilverGhost
12-27-2011, 09:58 PM
My apologies. Next time please call me directly instead at 847-561-4361 and there shouldn't be any trouble getting help with whatever you may need.

nastyiroc
12-28-2011, 12:49 AM
My apologies. Next time please call me directly instead at 847-561-4361 and there shouldn't be any trouble getting help with whatever you may need.

If you want to inbox me with porting pricing if i was to drive all the way up there let me know, as I am semi interested if there is a hp gain.

1_bad_TA
12-28-2011, 05:49 PM

WTF are you talking about? He helped me with 95% of my car and did a huge favor for me with the intake setup. I refered him to Bill to help him setup his car. He is asking me questions that I can't really answer, bill in most cases, can answer a hell of alot of questions of different setups. Show me ANY proof where he has advertised competeing againts you or any of the other sponors.

2QuikTA
01-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Silverghost (Sean) did my TB, and I have no complaints. Great job and great service. He will be getting my rims and MAF to PC in 2 weeks as well, can't wait! Every time I've emailed Sean I've gotten a response within the day, usually even within an hr or two.

Also, from what I've read it's worthless to port an LS6 intake. Save the money towards other goodies or a FAST which does great with porting. Though no offense to Sean, if I had a FAST it would be going to Mamo.

cas9889
01-04-2012, 10:26 PM
408 transam (Tim) as previously mentioned works with Sean Both good guys had them port my tb and heads did a great job also the powder coating looks great im getting a bunch of stuff done by Tim he does great work and knows his stuff

TORCHD 02 TA
01-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Hey Sean or Tim....

Can you port my Jeeps TB from 58mm to 62mm???

SilverGhost
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Tim has been doing some jeep units lately. I'd have to ask him when he gets back from vacation what size they are stock and what they are measuring out to after he's done..

TORCHD 02 TA
01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Tim has been doing some jeep units lately. I'd have to ask him when he gets back from vacation what size they are stock and what they are measuring out to after he's done..
Hey Sean, the biggest you can on a throttle body for my 4.0 I6 motor Jeep is 62mm or 63mm.. That is the size of the inlet of the intake. Stock I think they are 58mm

let me know if Tim can do it and for how much $$$$

Thanks

-Jonas

bwilde86
01-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Sean you guys will be getting my tb in a little bit. Did not know you were the guys in Woodstock. I called you for a rim repair but decided on a new set of rims instead sorry. Still want the stockers redone by you but wont be until the summer.

nastyiroc
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Sean you guys will be getting my tb in a little bit. Did not know you were the guys in Woodstock. I called you for a rim repair but decided on a new set of rims instead sorry. Still want the stockers redone by you but wont be until the summer.

does he still do rim repair? He never called me back?

TORCHD 02 TA
02-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Any word Sean??