Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAT Rod install question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCAT Rod install question

I have the SCAT H beam rods in my LS6 and replaced the pistons, need to figure out which way to orient the rods in relation to the pistons/front of the engine.. help would be appreciated.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look at the rods,, the big opening (the one that goes on the crank) has a bevel on one side of the inner diameter of it, that bevel faces the crank On every rod, the flat side faces the other rod, (so the two flats are against each other for the two rods on every journal) Be sure to put your bearings in there correctly, the bevel is important, also look at your bearings some are marked top and bottom. As far as which rod goes into which chamber, they should be numbered from who ever balanced them,,Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RARON455
If you look at the rods,, the big opening (the one that goes on the crank) has a bevel on one side of the inner diameter of it, that bevel faces the crank On every rod, the flat side faces the other rod, (so the two flats are against each other for the two rods on every journal) Be sure to put your bearings in there correctly, the bevel is important, also look at your bearings some are marked top and bottom. As far as which rod goes into which chamber, they should be numbered from who ever balanced them,,Hope this helps.
I was looking for this information all over , Old post but you deserve a thank you !

Quick Reply: SCAT Rod install question