Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivetrain Vibration!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Drivetrain Vibration!?!

Just wanted to share something that might help someone else! I put an Energy Suspension Poly Transmission Mount in my 98 Z-28. I noticed a vibration right away it was light at low speeds then at highway speeds it became anoying. I thought that it was just the difference in the mount, and I have read here where alot of other people experienced similar problems when installing these poly tranny mounts.

The reason I put it in in the first place was because my ORY-Pipe was hitting the frame from the engine torque. Well after that I tried the 1LE mount. It didn't keep the pipe from hitting, but it stopped the vibration or at least it was less noticeable.

Well I bought a 3.5 Lingenfelter Aluminum drive shaft off Ebay and thought it might help. I put it in along with the poly tranny mount back in, and guess what, No more bumping and No More Vibration!!! My driveshaft was out of balance! I also saved at least 10 lbs, because I had a HEAVY steel shaft.

I believe there are others having the same problem. So if you can afford the aluminum shaft it is definitely worth the money! Or at least check your drive shaft balance.