Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Questions

Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Procharger Questions

I have pretty much finished the install using the supplied manual. However I am seeing alot of guys on here talking about two things that I am unfamiliar with.

One being A pcv or breather on the inlet hat? the other is a catch can. I looked into the catch can and i see that its stopping oil from entering the intake? but where the hell is oil coming from to begin with? doesnt the procharger take air thru the filter, then into the intercooler and into the intake?

Anyways there are no good explanations of why people are trying to route this type of stuff up to relieve crank case pressure and valve cover pressure. its all just very confusing....and on top of that i am trying to wrap my head around installing this methanol kit from alkycontrol and im just spinning here...so if you can help clarify on anything.....it would be a great christmas present.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

boost pushes past the rings and can pressurize the crankcase and must be relieved. this is why we do catch cans vaccume pumps, valve cover breathers ect. as far as your meth kit, wiring should be pretty simple, run the vaccume line from the controller to a port off the intake manifold. same place you would hook your boost gage up to
Old 12-25-2011, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11059703-post70.html

Here is a good thread on catch cans. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-25-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so out of the many illustrations shown in the catch can thread which i have been across before, which one is the one for me?

basically it seems that while relieving crank case pressure (PCV) we are also taking the opportunity to clean up the contaminants entering the intake and thus the motor thereby giving us a happy motor.

i have been looking at the Rx can. lil more money, but seems worth it. someone said all youd have to do is re route the lines and...the main thing that i am seeing is that i would have to drill a hole in the inlet hat and grab some fittings while im getting the oil/fuel 3/8 hose from the store. plumb it together and feel better about the setup in the longrun.

so yeah....look at that thread for me if you will and tell me which one will work best for me and thats the one i will do. my car is a procharged front mount intercooled automatic 2002 ws6. i want a single can.

i have read basically every thread i can find, and all i see are people arguing about which way works and doesnt work.....leaves me in the dark usually. as far as the methanol, i have not yet done my gauges, and have never done any, so although i have a small grasp on what your saying.....ill still have to do some more research. right now i am just focusing on making it clean.....running the controller and tester into my glove box for easy access. i guess i just need power to it, then have the pump pull from the resevoir into the inlet and plumb the outlet into the charge pipe right before the TB and make sure its after the bend. i mounted the pump near the drivers side headlight by drilling 4 5/16 holes and mounted the screws on with washers and blue loctite. couldnt knock it off with a hammer now. so many ******* wires. not to mention the gauges coming up...more wires. i hate wires.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 12-25-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which setup is right will always be debatable so ill refrain from answering that. I have the ports on my valve covers teed together running to my can on the pass. Front. Pulling from the blower hat to the can and the can to the intake with a one way check valve in between. The wiring is a daunting task but just take it one have at a time and you'll get it done. A little power and ground distribution block is a good idea also
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with a Norris catch can. And bought a 1-way check valve to out between the manifold and the catch can.

This is what I did to my truck inlet hat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharger Questions