Any turbo cobalt guys around here??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any turbo cobalt guys around here??

Need some help.. A buddy just popped his factory intercooler, plastic endtank on the driver's side blew a pretty good sized hole. Anyway, wondering if anyone in the southeast texas area may have a stocker hiding somewhere, some advice/input/whatever. I really don't know a lot about these cars, and he hasn't had it long, its his DD and I'm just tryin to help him out to get it back on the road as soon as we can, hopefully without spending a small fortune. Any help/info is appreciated

edit:

can aluminum endtanks be welded to the factory intercooler? just a thought. Not particularly looking for any performance boost or anything, just to get it running right.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill12690
Need some help.. A buddy just popped his factory intercooler, plastic endtank on the driver's side blew a pretty good sized hole. Anyway, wondering if anyone in the southeast texas area may have a stocker hiding somewhere, some advice/input/whatever. I really don't know a lot about these cars, and he hasn't had it long, its his DD and I'm just tryin to help him out to get it back on the road as soon as we can, hopefully without spending a small fortune. Any help/info is appreciated

edit:

can aluminum endtanks be welded to the factory intercooler? just a thought. Not particularly looking for any performance boost or anything, just to get it running right.
if it's alum, you can weld it to any other alum. No clue about anything else, I just eat cobalts for lunch when they try and mess with me
Old 12-25-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
if it's alum, you can weld it to any other alum. No clue about anything else, I just eat cobalts for lunch when they try and mess with me
im suprised you even waste your gas on em. my friend raced a ricer in his bullitt starting in 4th gear at a 30 roll and let the honda "win" it was pretty epic. guy was truely excited! i lol'd
Old 12-25-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol.. yeah, im sure he doesnt have a lot of extra cash laying around between the holidays, his down payment, switching jobs etc... so im just tryin to help him out.

incase any cobalt guys chime in, is ~22 psi in 4th normal for these cars with a stock tune? it has an AEM intake, thats the only aftermarket part i've spotted so far.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive had a replacememt end tank installed on a radiator before,cost bout 50$ at a radiator repair shop. Replacement of the ic should be no different. Idk bout price for that though.
If thinking about welding alum end tanks, should prolly consider an ebay fmic. Ive seen small ones go for as low as 80$