Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member from maine

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New member from maine

Hey everyone, just figured id give a formal hello,
The names Tyler from southern Maine, I'm 20 and I've been driving/wrenching on cars and trucks since I was a kid. I've
Raced motocross since I was about 12, done most of my own work on the bikes,
I've built a couple trucks, a few motors, and done plenty of repair work to understand the basics but I love how there's always something to learn.

I've got an 03 maxima as a daily, and my baby is my 03 Sierra ext cab with the 4.8 and 5 speed. I've got a cat back with gutted cats and muffler(inspection items) a 3" bodylift, leveling kit still in the box,
Cold air intake and a diablosport predator in the mail. The 5 speed helps but I'm just tryin to squeeze enough torque outta this thing to haul my small 20 foot camper a little easier to the races. Any tips are appreciated, thanks and I look forward to pissing everyone off with a bunch of new guy questions about these motors.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome , I am in Old Orchard Beach, and Hollis by summer (on the lake above Skelton dam)

I also have HP Tuners and a wideband if you ever want to do something more than that diablo handheld can.....
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up man. Im John. Im from up that way too. A little town called Perry out in Washington County. Currently in Va in the Navy. What gears you running in the truck? Those can make a huge difference. On my 05 5.3 I did JBA shorty headers that simply replace the stock manifolds, a JBA catback, and a Volant cold air intake. Noticed a nice little increase in power and torque. That diablo should get you some noticable gains too. Aside from basic boltons like that, you will need to start looking a little further into the engine. Even a small truck cam can do a lot of good and are relatively cheap. Just some ideas to get you goinig. I see you have worked the catback and are waiting on the cold air and tuner. See what that does and if you want more it isnt too hard to accomplish. Good luck man.