Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My GoPro2 Helmet cam Formula3000, Ducati 848 and Ultima GTR in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GoPro2 Helmet cam Formula3000, Ducati 848 and Ultima GTR in Dubai

Just got back from Dubai a few weeks ago, finally edited this piece together, if yo uhave the time watch it... a lot of fun that day, we also did a track day later that night in the Ultima GTR, a british kit car with the heart of a Chevy, quickest car from 0-100-0 in 9.4 seconds. Lots and lots of fun, Ill keep updating this thread with pics and vids if people like em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uct4ACvV-ZE

*edit* this is me riding the ducati following the GTR.. sorry bout the camera angle... pissed me off big time, wish it was pointed up just slightly higher!

watch the whole thing if you got time, if not.. skip to 9:00, its a ramp onto Sheik Zayed road, lonnnggg sweeping right hand onto the highway where the speed camera flashed us last time i was there in the GTR... im doing about 210kmh or so around that bend... tried my hardest to keep my knee from touching the ground :p

btw, this bike was brand new, 1300kms, ducati reccomends to NOT rev over 7k rpm before you reach 1500kms, so i could ride the bike to its full potential!

and every pull in the GTR in this vid was from 6th gear on the hwy, never shifted down.. just LOADS of torque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREKB...1&feature=plcp

Then, we also took out the Duke and the GTR to the track for a run, these are some pics we took at the track. Got a video to upload later on of "highway shenanigans.."

and this one is just to **** all us car guys off.... filled the bike up from empty, 11 litres or so..... $3.... THREE DOLLARS. and as you can see you have a select choice of 95 or 98 octane only.

****, i miss that country... i hate canada

Last edited by hendrixx; 12-30-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice!!! What brought you to UAE? I'd be happier than a pig n **** if I was there doing it up like that.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

A friend of mine lives out there. He's a captain on the 777 for united emirates airline. He does alright lol. That's his Ducati and ultima. So much fun. This was my second visit out there. Going back in the spring
Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man Ive been there at LEAST 5 times and Ive never heard of that.

Have u been on the rollercoaster at Ferrari world?

http://youtu.be/ijuQwnfBBZw
Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

haha, never been... it wasnt open the first time i went, and i heard it was expensive to get in and besides that one ride it wasnt all that great...

besides, ive been to the ferrari galleria in maranello, italy... saw the real ferrari world haha.

and what is it you never heard of?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is a lil pricey but there's not ALOT to do over then enless ur gunna try and build the biggest sand castle.

I never heard of the dubaiautodrome.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

lol, yeah just wasnt worth it for me since ive seen it all already haha.

yeah dubai autodrome is dubai's equivalent to Abu Dhabi's Yas marina circuit... not as nice a track, but theres lots of championship race series and **** that goes on there.. i think its been open for 5-6 years?

its basically the only thing around for all the rich emiratees to bring their GT3's and gallardos out for a track night haha

Quick Reply: My GoPro2 Helmet cam Formula3000, Ducati 848 and Ultima GTR in Dubai