Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Parts

Where is the best place to get rebuild parts?

I saw Performance Automotive & Transmission Center has a pretty extensive list of available parts...

I just ordered the video/book- if all looks well- might do the rebuild myself...
Old 03-16-2004, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

good luck with that man. i've watched a handful of 4L60Es get totally ripped apart and rebuilt (i know a tranny builder) and although u have to pay attention and know what you're doing, its actually not that intimidating once you get in there. the guts of the tranny seem complicated but actually go together in a pretty logical and understandable way. I'd like to try it myself but if i have no NEED to anytime soon (crosses fingers), im not complaining either.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28hokie
Where is the best place to get rebuild parts?

I saw Performance Automotive & Transmission Center has a pretty extensive list of available parts...

I just ordered the video/book- if all looks well- might do the rebuild myself...

ordered my parts from them before when I blew my 3-4 clutch pack on a 150shot out of the hole.thier pretty good and came quick.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Launching!

DeepblueZ- I'm hoping the video will give me some idea. Chances are I'll F it up- so I'm tempted to do a rebuild with a generic rebuild kit first...then install- see how it works- and if it did- yank it out and put the good stuff in. (so if it goes slushy the first time- it only trashes a stock trans- instead of some good hardparts).

35th SS- Good to know. Did you rebuild it yourself?
Old 03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah good luck. Have had to have mine rebuilt twice and my tranny guy actually does know what he's doing.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28hokie
DeepblueZ- I'm hoping the video will give me some idea. Chances are I'll F it up- so I'm tempted to do a rebuild with a generic rebuild kit first...then install- see how it works- and if it did- yank it out and put the good stuff in. (so if it goes slushy the first time- it only trashes a stock trans- instead of some good hardparts).

35th SS- Good to know. Did you rebuild it yourself?

had it rebuilt where I worked @BSM Performance.ordered the blue plate specials 3-4clutches,billet servo,h/d band.running again but havent taken to the track until I get my h/c installed.good luck