Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1999 Trans Am

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $1500
Mileage: 126500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Red
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

So I'm posting this from the side of the road. 99 trans am convertable in poor shape. Just blew automatic transmission (4l60e). Could be used for swap or...?
Located in Miami. Engine works fine, has Texas speed headers.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Call me if interested. 7862622260.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any pics? and is the trans all thats keeping it from driving?
and how is the convertable top on it? is it in good shape?
Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Teching In

WOW!! This will be sold quick!!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please send me pics!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

id call the number they posted and jump all over this car if i had the money
Old 12-30-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've gotten a lot of texts, emails, and calls asking for pictures of this car, so here they are. A bit of history about it. I bought it with 60,000 miles on it back in about 2007 or so, and it has about 126,500 as it sits there today. The car was my daily driven vehicle until two days ago when I made that post - I am also doing a 68 camaro LQ4 swap which I intended to replace this car, and I am almost done with it.

It is a stock 99 trans am with a dyno tune and some texas speed headers. It was dyno tuned at 296 rwhp. Has 2.73 gears. Will chirp the tires changing gears from 1st to 2nd. The oil was changed regularly, but it has the following issues:

It needs a new belt tensioner.
The ac system has a slow leak, and needs refilling about every 10,000 miles.
(obviously) The transmission is blown. It is full of fluid and yet it doesn't go anywhere in any gear.
The radio CD player doesn't work, but the radio does.
It needs a new shift lock switch on the brake (currently hard wired).
It may need new window motors, just a week before this happened, the windows stopped working, but a mechanic had replaced the motors less than a year ago, so it may be wiring.

As far as cosmetics are concerned, it is rough.

The car was in a fender bender - it was hit from the rear at low speed, and I was pushed into a truck in front of me. There appear to be no alignment issues, but the trailer hitch hit the front bumper of the car, and the front fender will have to be replaced. The rear has some scuff marks, but no major damage, aside from to the exhaust tips, which was pushed down somehow (will need to be bent up - they scrape on some high surfaces).

The brakes and shocks were recently redone.
It WILL need a new convertible top. I rarely drove in the rain, but when I did, it leaked, and about two months ago the rear window came loose - now it just hangs there, see the pictures.
The seats have bad upholstery.

I had planned to keep and fix it up when I got time, because I love the convertible, and it could be a really sweet ride, but once the transmission blew I do not have the space nor the time to work on yet another project of that magnitude, and my condo won't store a broken car. So it is sitting at a friend's house, who I am sure will call me frequently telling me how the neighbors are complaining.

If I were to fix it up I'd just get a new vert top (been quoted $600 around here), some racing front seats, a used front fender from a junkyard, bend up the exhausts and throw in a 4l80e, and worry about the rest later. I just don't think the 4l60e transmissions stand up to any modifications, and they will die in stock form with any modifications to the engine.

I actually owe about $2500 on the car, but I'm a lawyer and have the cash to pay the remainder of the lien off. If someone takes the car we can work something out to where you will feel safe that you will receive the title, I'm an honest guy, and with the Camaro almost being finished and intending that to be my DD, I just don't need this car. So I'm letting it go for cheap cheap. Really, just come and get it.
$1500 takes it.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

like i said i would get it if only for parts.....glws
Old 01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Damn, if I had some place to work on it, I would love a project car for $1500. Body looks fixable, engine should last a while longer, and with a rebuilt tranny and new convertible top you should be good to go. Good luck with the sale.