12-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Next time just let someone know....all I can ask.
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Signature Rules & Limitations
Any signature content that does not meet the following requirements is liable to being edited/removed without warning. You should not replace something that has been removed by a moderator/admin.
1. The maximum size limit for total signature images is 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels high. If you have more than one image, the combined dimensions cannot exceed 500 x 150.
2. Animated images are not permitted in signatures (with the exception of small smileys).
3. Flash (swf) files cannot be included in signatures.
4. Non-work-safe or inappropriate images are not permitted in signatures.
5. The limit for text in signatures is 8 single-spaced lines of standard-size or smaller text, if you do not have an image. If you have an image, the limit for text in signatures is 3 single-spaced lines of standard-size or smaller text
6. Advertising contact information for your non-sponsor business is not permitted.
7. Banners and logos for non-adveritsing vendors are not permitted.
8. Bashing sponsors in your signature is grounds for your account to be banned.
How To Resize Images and Host Images
Any software programs which can resize images and save them in JPG format can be used to resize images to appropriate size for use in signatures, including:
Jasc Paint Shop Pro (purchased by Corel (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Section/Display&sid=1047022946165&cid=1047023901915&gid=1047022985433) in October 2004 )
Microsoft Photo Editor (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4525410&postcount=3) (comes with Office 97/2000/2002)
Microsoft Picture Manager (comes with Office 2003)
Serif PhotoPlus (http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/key_features.asp) (review (http://www.masternewmedia.org/2002/10/07/photoplus.htm))
Or a free online (no software to install) tool such as http://www.myimager.com/
If you don't already have web-hosting space available at a site which allows off-site image usage, you can host a signature image at one of these free sites that does allow off-site image use (Webshots, Yahoo, MSN, and many others, do not!):
To insert an image in your signature after it's hosted, use the direct address of your image (starts with 'http://' and ends with '.jpg') - not the address of the page to display it, and place it between and codes in your signature.
To edit your signature, go to the User CP (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/usercp.php) and go to the Edit Signature (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature) section.
"Edit Profile Picture" does not have any connection to, or effect on your signature.