View Full Version : What sealant do I use???

12-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey guys. I'm getting ready to weld on my new 1/4 panels on my Camaro and one thing I was thinking about today is what sealant to use. For example, if you open your hatch and look at the spot welds that hold the 1/4 skins on you'll notice there's a sealant that covers where both piece join together. It looks like the factory has some kind of tape that they put on there. It's like a strip of sealant that guns along the seam, covering the spot welds and the joints.

I want to get this stuff so that I can make it look like a 100% factory install. Any idea where I can get this from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


12-30-2011, 08:32 PM
seam sealer is what you need, local auto paint store should have it

01-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Here at the shop we use 2 seam sealers depending on the job.

SEM Beige Seam Sealer Part No. #39477
SEM High Build Self Leveling Part No. #39777

Put it on, spread it with an acid brush, let dry, paint over, it will look new.

01-17-2012, 06:17 PM
I'll check those out. Thanks guys.