Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Exhaust suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust suggestions

I am going to be purchasing a full exhaust for my 05 gto very soon. I ahve u tubed a bunch of diffrent set ups but that does not justice for the real sound. Any way i think i have decided on the pacesetter long tubes with the off road mid pipe and a slp loudmouth 1..let me know any suggestions comments ect.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

I think that set-up will be way too loud. When I first bought my GTO it has L/T, catted X and spintech super-pro streets. That set-up was too loud for me. I replaced the spintechs with flows (I know people hate these) but I loved the sound. Alot of people complimented on how the car sounded. Of course having an MS3 cam helped. Since you are going O/R, I think I would get magnaflows, flowmaster or dynamax.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

If you are just going for sound, try just swapping the mufflers. I swapped just the stockers out for spintechs and it was noticeably louder but not to the point if it was a daily driver(mine is not). Heres a link with a x-pipe in place of the resonator, Spintechs and my cam(same sound just deeper w/cam). I couldn't find one without the cam but you get the idea. NO HEADERS and stock cats and piping. I think you might like the sound/tone.(not the same setup in vid as current setup in sig)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWhkY...3&feature=plcp
Old 12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

That setup will make your ears bleed!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Launching!

i had longtubes, no cats and loudmouth 1....made me dred driving my car. save yourself the headache and get something else.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Ok here is my next suggestion i have spintech axle backs on it now...not loud enough for me....i really want headers and i dont like the restrictions of cats...so i though of keeping my spintach mufflers and getting rid of the resonator and get an x pipe put in....then go for the headers later....does any one know of any one that makes just the x pipe so i could do it myself or am i gonna have to go to the muffler shop
Old 12-31-2011, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Ovrpwrd i think i might take u up on just the x pipe once i already have the spintechs but how did you go about puttin the x pipe in did u buy one and from who or had one made?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Launching!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/universal-ex...item27c097c6e1

Here is one, there are cheaper one's as well. Also, Maryland speed sells a Magnaflow x-pipe. I have the cheap ebay and it fit perfect.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Teching In

I know you all are hating on slp for how loud it is but even though its loud as **** how is the sound?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

O-five that is a damn good deal on an x pipe the cheapest one i found was 177 but it was mad with the bolt ups to the mis pip so....myquestion is what did you do to go about putting the x pipe in?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Launching!

I had the resonator cut out, and the x-pipe fit in its place perfectly, then just had some muffler's clamped in. Of course I hated the last set of muffler's, which were Borla, and sold them. Now I have Magnaflow's clamped in. The X-pipe was installed a muffler shop, but you could probably do it yourself. You wold have to cut some slits into the x-pipe so that it would clamp down.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

sounds good i found an x pipe for 26 bucks on e bay gonna try it out and i will let every one know how it goes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

I used one like this one,http://www.ebay.com/itm/universal-ex...item27c097c6e1
cut the flange off of the stock resonator, had it welded to the x-pipe and then installed it with a couple of band clamps. Just have to measure the length of the x with the flange and cut off the right amount of pipe. Worked great, simple and when you are ready to change your exhaust( like I have multiple times) you can just un-clamp it. Mine got way too raspy when I went catless so I pulled it off and installed a Bassani in its place. I did it in my garage, just had a local muffler shop tack weld the flange on the x-pipe
I like the idea of being able to un-bolt it with out any damage.

Quick Reply: Exhaust suggestions