Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LSx FC RX-7 vs. WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx FC RX-7 vs. WS6

Hey guys,

So all summer I drove my LS RX-7 around and didn't get any "action".

Right before I put it away for storage I was cruising with a buddy of mine in the passenger seat. We stopped on the highway at a stoplight and what do I see in my rear view? A WS6 coming into the lane next to me. It was an older guy and his wife - the car definitely had exhaust but the cam sounded stock to me. His wife looked at my car and kind of giggled and her husband leaned over to her and I'm sure said something to the effect of "watch me smoke this ricer" not knowing that I, too, had 347 cubic inches of fury under my hood, but with a lot more power in a lighter car (I dyno'd at 400RWHP with that engine and tranny combo (T56))

We pull from the stop light and I heard him getting into it a bit, so I let him go for a car length or two and put it to the floor. Within seconds I had put a few lengths on him and I got the thumbs up at the next stop light

It's funny, in this car, even with the gigantic cam I had (236/236) people still didn't know that what they were hearing was cam lope, haha. I guess they just assumed I was a ricer with a Rotary (or a 4 banger).
Old 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Nice kill and nice wolf in ricer attire. sure gives a new meaning to the word hybrid. I love sleepers. Had a 1980 Pontiac Sunbird back in the day with a 327 4speed and shortened 10 bolt posi. Caught a **** load of people roll racing before it was called roll racing. Twisted the subframe on it the first pass on slicks. How'd you tie the frame together?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your sig makes me jizz in my pants. Very nice kill and got to looking like an underdog and breaking hearts at the same time.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93 LT1 Vette
Nice kill and nice wolf in ricer attire. sure gives a new meaning to the word hybrid. I love sleepers. Had a 1980 Pontiac Sunbird back in the day with a 327 4speed and shortened 10 bolt posi. Caught a **** load of people roll racing before it was called roll racing. Twisted the subframe on it the first pass on slicks. How'd you tie the frame together?
Unibody car so no real need. These cars are actually overbuilt and aren't super light (3,000LBs even without AC/PS/heat). It was a good time and I'm sure that guy won't forget me

Originally Posted by willizm
your sig makes me jizz in my pants. Very nice kill and got to looking like an underdog and breaking hearts at the same time.
Ha, thanks. This coming summer with the turbo/powerglide setup will be even more awesome. Especially because I'm only running an LS6 cam so it will sound "stock"