Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

first susp. mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default first susp. mods

ok, i really only care about drag racing, not to much about the daily driving, i dont drive it that much.. and the only suspension i have is a bag in the back...i dont want to get shocks and springs.. should i get some relocation brackets lower control arms and sfc's and what brand to get...?? just wonderin what will help my 60', i have and will not lower my car. thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

I would say a torque arm (i have been told spohn) , lca's, phr, and sfc the rest in BMR
Old 03-16-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will prob just get a few things at a time, so which would be first, and do you really need relocation brackets if you car is not lowered?? and most of all, which ones fit the best?? thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
ok, i really only care about drag racing, not to much about the daily driving, i dont drive it that much.. and the only suspension i have is a bag in the back...i dont want to get shocks and springs.. should i get some relocation brackets lower control arms and sfc's and what brand to get...?? just wonderin what will help my 60', i have and will not lower my car. thanks
Dual Rod LCA's and TQ Arm. Cromoly for weight savings. Spohn would be my choice. Possibly sub-frame connectors as well (they are great for driving around as well), they will stiffen up the car a possibly give you better consistency out of the hole. It is not required to get relocation brackets if you are not lowerd. Your pinion angle and inst. center can be adjusted with the TQ arm. This should give you all the adjustment you will need.

Why dont you want springs and shocks? FWIW, A good set of each will shave some off of your 60ft as well.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Revelation222
Dual Rod LCA's and TQ Arm. Cromoly for weight savings. Spohn would be my choice. Possibly sub-frame connectors as well (they are great for driving around as well), they will stiffen up the car a possibly give you better consistency out of the hole. It is not required to get relocation brackets if you are not lowerd. Your pinion angle and inst. center can be adjusted with the TQ arm. This should give you all the adjustment you will need.

Why dont you want springs and shocks? FWIW, A good set of each will shave some off of your 60ft as well.
someone told me that I shouldn't get a torque arm if I don't have more suspension work already. anyone else heard that?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
someone told me that I shouldn't get a torque arm if I don't have more suspension work already. anyone else heard that?

Did they mean because of price? Ive never heard that. It is my next suspension mod. I have SFC's on the way, and I have LCA's on already.

All I can think is that they were saying that there is a couple of cheap and easy suspension mods you can do first before going with a TQ arm.