Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo engine build Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo engine build Question ?

Im trying to decide on the internals for my new engine Im reusing my current Lq9 block and crank and have been looking at oliver and the manley rods. "if theres anything better let me know" then im using a fresh set of AFR 230 heads with a new turbo based cam shaft im not sure what i should do about rocker arms though or rods and pistons the car is going to be about 95% strip 5% street Im doing a PT88 turbo on it and plan to max out the turbo when we tune it so im sure it will be in the 1100 hp area and probably spin the engine around 7,000 rpms. Im just wanting any input you guys have as to what internals you might recomend or have had any dealings with. Thanks
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Teching In

No one has any info on this ?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

I've seen several v-sicks Buicks at 1300/1500 HP with the Olivers. Worked well.
I've used the Manleys in my HEMI at 800HP.. NP.

My preference for the FI app= Olivers.
Suggest you call them and discuss. They will be able to point you to the best product for your app.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks I have been trying to decided but it seems the oliver rods have a lot of good feed back I figured some of the fast turbo guys had a preference. I think im going to get LME to do the engine so I guess ill get with them and see what kind of time frame they can do it for me in.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Big Mike??

I've heard good things about Oliver rods, but another consideration you may want to think about is the Callies ULTRA rods. I've seen these in person and they are awesome looking. As for pistons, I prefer Wiseco's. I think LME prefers them too, but they also use Diamond pistons when the customer wants. With the bronze guides in the AFR heads, you will want a good roller rocker. You may want to holler at Tony Mamo and ask what he has had the most success with in that area.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Yeah Chris its me I'm going to get with you soon I talked with LME today Ive got to try and decide what route im going to go.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Turbo Ex
Yeah Chris its me I'm going to get with you soon I talked with LME today Ive got to try and decide what route im going to go.
I gotcha! Bryan is a good dude.
I'm making a trip down there in the morning to pick up my LS6 block, old pistons, heads, and other various parts then I will just have them ship my new shortblock when they finish it.

Quick Reply: Turbo engine build Question ?