Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

firebird to camaro interior swap ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firebird to camaro interior swap ?'s

I just bought a complete camaro interior out a salvage yard for 350 killer deal seats had covers on them since it was new material was in mint shape also had a dash mat on it so the dash isnt sunfaded or cracked.

I'm in the process of a full restoration of my daily driver firebird coupe my question is the cluster a bolt in swap I know a few of the warning indicators are in different places but wondering if any will stay lit up because when I put a camaro cluster overlay on the firebird cluster the seatbelt light made the coolant level light illuminate every time I turned the car on

But the reason I'm doing all this is I've always been fond of camaros interiors but always like the bird body better so while building my new daily grind instead of buying a new car I am gonna do something that's not to common I've already made a classic choice with the rims I went and got a set of black mesh gta rims mounted reverse due to the staggered offset of the third gens

So is the cluster gonna work correctly and is the hvac control the same I made sure to get the ac ducting while I pulled the interior out I have everything I needed minus the headline because it was a t top car and min isn't I did get the seatbelts tho so when they swap is completed I will post pics and thanks if anyone can answer my question
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes the clusters are interchangeable, so are the hvac controls.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Preferring something camaro over something firebird...especially when that something is interior related, is definitely not something you hear everyday!

lol.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

@super-bat yeah I don't know what it is about the camaro interior I like so much maybe I haven't had one I also went with 3rd gen rims its kinda one of those things that I going against the grain the doorpanels are nicer and the dash quality seems nicer and I'm just tired of the firebird interior this bird is number 3 I've been driving an forth gen since 00 12 years looking at the same interior makes me wanna change I like the camaros just like the body lines of a bird better but so this build of my v6 bird will be completely unique its already getting interior 3.8 is getting a performance build with the intent of a turbo setup I'm gonna be a wildy different fbody
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Preferring something camaro over something firebird...especially when that something is interior related, is definitely not something you hear everyday!

lol.

I was pretty much gonna post the exact same thing when I saw this post last night. All I could say to myself was "WOW" and decided not to say anything.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

@Carlos64030 what's wrong wanting the inside of a camaro over a bird people sell there camaros to get birds all the time and vice versa why not combine the best parts of both cars the way I figure it its not like I have alot of options I figured I'd get laughed at for building a v6 car when I already have an ls1 car but its to each is own taste I guess I feel that that the camaros have a much nicer looking dash so I would incorporate the best parts I like of both cars and build my self a daily driver that's completely unique and one of a kind
Old 01-06-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree the Camaro dash is more appealing, but seats are bad compared to firebird seats.

Door panels are better looking & the Camaro panels last longer. m6 console is more appealing to me than the a4.

Quick Reply: firebird to camaro interior swap ?'s