Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello everyone, new here from AR

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone, new here from AR

Figured that proper intro would be in order since Im new to the forums. My names Billy, currently living in Little Rock AR, and I have come in search of LSx knowledge and that sort of thing.

A bit of a back story, Im typically a hardcore Toyota guy. Ive had every bodystyle Supra with about every engine. Had a 1J Lexus and a few older corollas.

Now Ive chosen a new project which involves an LS1. I was originally planning on going with a Ford 5.0 but when it came down to it I had a change of heart. Im doing a FC Rx7 v8 swap, was mid build with the 5.0 and ran into a few issues. Nothing major alone but together I decided to change routes. First the ford tranny selection is garbage. I ended up going with an auto for price/power handling. Figured I would just deal with it. Then I realized there isnt as much roots style support for the 5.0. My end goal is either a roots supercharger or ITB's. Im still undecided till after I get thru the early stages. The final straw was last week when I was rebuilding the engine and found that one of the cam bearings were installed wrong. I figure hell with it ill buy a cam bearing tool and redo it myself.... no no chance in that between price and avail of a sbf one compared to the sbc I decided LS1 would be the new path.

Sure, I may be nitpicking things. But when it comes down to pros and cons, I like the factory ecu flexiblity, like the front facing intake, and like the better choices for trannies and aftermarket acc support.

So I will continue stalking for a while on here and see what I can learn that im not sure of on this powerplant. Also, if anyone around the AR area has or knows of an LSx t56 combo for sale at a good price let me know. Ill be buying the beg of Feb so would like to have somthing lined up.