Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need help installing Pioneer DEH-P47DH ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing Pioneer DEH-P47DH ASAP

Okay, so I'm trying to install a Pioneer DEH-P47DH CD player (link) in my 98 Camaro and I'm having some problems. I've done the wiring harness and everything's hooked up and works fine, except I can't actually mount it in the dash. I followed the instruction manual first, which didn't work, and have since tried pretty much every combination of the brackets possible with no success in getting it mounted properly. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

What do you mean by it wont mount properly? Is it too deep? Or something else?
Old 03-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddboost
What do you mean by it wont mount properly? Is it too deep? Or something else?
The size of the stereo is perfect. The problem I'm having is getting the brackets attached to the stereo and bolted into the holes in the dash. None of the brackets included line up with the holes correctly. Either one side of the stereo is higher than the other, or one side sticks out more than the other, etc.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I have never installed one of those specialty fit CD players maybe I can ask one of my buddies.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

no i did mine and its quite easy it will fit like factory if done properly just gotta attach those brackets to the palyer and then it should like up with stock muunting holes and fit just like stock... ya just need to work on getting the brackets on the unit right is what it sounds like to me
Old 03-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
no i did mine and its quite easy it will fit like factory if done properly just gotta attach those brackets to the palyer and then it should like up with stock muunting holes and fit just like stock... ya just need to work on getting the brackets on the unit right is what it sounds like to me
Really? Weird, I've tried every bracket combination I could see, and I'd assume the 47DH and 77DH would be the exact same when it comes to installation...these are all the brackets I have, which ones did you use?

Thanks for the help man...
Old 03-18-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

i used the piece with 4 holes(bottom middle) on the drivers side and the piece with the hole and the half hole (bottom right) on the passengers side and i dindt check but i vaguely remember attaching another piece to the back center of the unit that hooked up with some sort of piece inside of the dash but im not sure on that last one its been a while and ive done toom many cars to remember if that was form this type of call but i did check the left and riught pieces just before posting this so i am postive thats right if ya still cant figure it out ill take a pic of mine without the bezel but try and figure out id rather not pulle it out since its all done in glass i dont wanna crack it

-john
Old 03-18-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

scrach that the piece for the passengers (right) sied it the piece on the bottom left not the bottom right its the one with one complete hole and one open faced hole
Old 03-19-2004, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks to me like the top 2 right pieces will do it..Oh and theres a small plastic bracket in the back with a hole in it, use your palm and push it back till it snaps off.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

i think ssaction is right. if remember correctly, thats what i did.
you may want to think about a piece of foam under the radio.
i had some squeaks 'till i found some.. only need about 1/8 inch thick. and just a few strips. also check your harness in the back.
i used a jumper harness to just plug and play, but this is a little
long and caused some grief..
Old 03-20-2004, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Man U All Are Nuts Mine Fits Fine No Foam No Bs Just Right In There Quickly And Snug The First Time Id Suggest To You All That Are Riggin Up Your Carto Rethink What Brackets Your Using (no Offence) Just Telling You All The Right Way To Do It ... If Ya Need Piocs Of The Unit Installed I Can Take Some But This Is Such An Easy Thing I Dont See Why U Would Just Slap Those 2 Brackets I Daid On The Right Sides And Your Done Its A Five Min Job
Old 03-24-2004, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Wow. Hard To Top All That. Anyway I have a '98 and had all the brackets you took a picture of, and I worked hard to get the same HU installed with some combination of them. It can't be done unless off center is ok, which it isn't, as I understand your question.

I made two brackets out of some aluminum angle-bars (90 degree angle) from Home Depot. Saw them and drill them to match the HU and your car. It took about an hout to make them, which seems like a lot but I previously spent about 2 hours dicking around with the stupid brackets from Pioneer. Very frustrating because the HU is supposed to be made for GM.

The foam is just a little piece to stabilize the bottom and may be unnecessary but it is easy to slip it in place.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

man its soo easy to do this install i odt understand how this thread could still be ongong NO FABRICATION IS NESSARY IT IS A 5 MIN JOB!!!!!!! GOD DAM YOUR ALL MAKING THIS MUCH MUCH HARDER THAN IT IS THE HEAD UNIT IS DEGSINED FOR THE CAR IT DROPS RIGHT IN WITH LESS EFFORT THAN OPENING THE BOX THAT THE HEAD UNIT CAME IN...

Quick Reply: Need help installing Pioneer DEH-P47DH ASAP