Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Silicone Couplers & Adapters ** D1SC Truck Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Silicone Couplers & Adapters ** D1SC Truck Intake

I am not liking the idea of nothing but the T-bolt Clamp holding the truck intake on the blower solely. I want insurance on it. I have heard people say there are 5 ply silicone couplers that will not implode under the impellers intense vacuum. I have looked and looked, and I cannot find a link to any definite coupler. The D1 is a 76mm or roughly 3 inches I believe. The intake is around the same. Has anyone been down this road and can save me the trial and error and countless days of waiting on the UPS man to see if I finally have what I need. Part Numbers or Links are what I am after.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep a good supply of 4-ply couplers in stock from Vibrant. I have them in either straight couplers or adapters to different sizes. We have used them on suction and boost sides of the system with no issues at all.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat with the truck hat. The thing doesn't stay on for ****. It came off on me already and I ran the dam thing over lol. Lucky it didn't break. I was trying to figure something out but, with the new born baby now I haven't had anytime to work on it. If you find a good solution post it up
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not a question of if i will find a solution. it is when. although i am sure the guy up there sells the type of silicone i need, i am going to try to order some after i get some real good measurements. I am going to bond the silicone to the hat itself. zip tie that and then t bolt the silicone down. the goal will be to use as small a piece as possible. less length would mean less chance of imposion.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:42 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess I'm lucky. My truck hat sits on well and is pretty secure.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Teching In

do u have one that could go from my stock MAF to my 96mm throttle body?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
its not a question of if i will find a solution. it is when. although i am sure the guy up there sells the type of silicone i need, i am going to try to order some after i get some real good measurements. I am going to bond the silicone to the hat itself. zip tie that and then t bolt the silicone down. the goal will be to use as small a piece as possible. less length would mean less chance of imposion.

Yea that could work well, but I wouldn't recommend using any Zip ties on the inlet side of the blower. You suck something Like that in and kiss the impeller goodbye. I was thinking more along the line of lite weight aluminum piping would do the job

Quick Reply: Silicone Couplers & Adapters ** D1SC Truck Intake