Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anybody know how to fix digital display?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody know how to fix digital display?

The display on my dual zone climate control went out. I can barely see it at night with the lights on. Anybody know how to make it light back up? Is there a backlight or something? THanks, Andy
Old 03-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Back in the staging lane

Is this on a vette?
Old 03-17-2004, 05:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beeler422
Is this on a vette?
Yes, it is on a 99 vette.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Back in the staging lane

Is it just at night when you can't see it? Did you make sure you didn't just turn down the display brightness? Of course that would do it for all your displays.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, it just doesn't light up any more. I can see it barely at night just because everything is dark. It will fade out when I turn down the lights but, it just doesn't get bright again. It used to "pulse" bright, dim, bright, dim now it is just very dim. I hope yo know how to fix it, your getting my hopes up. I have to get like 6 inches away from it to see it at night. During the day I can just forget it.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snketr
No, it just doesn't light up any more. I can see it barely at night just because everything is dark. It will fade out when I turn down the lights but, it just doesn't get bright again. It used to "pulse" bright, dim, bright, dim now it is just very dim. I hope yo know how to fix it, your getting my hopes up. I have to get like 6 inches away from it to see it at night. During the day I can just forget it.

Get ready, most want $150 for there units from a junk yard. I'm going through a similar process.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mallett396
Get ready, most want $150 for there units from a junk yard. I'm going through a similar process.
Jason, if you're not in a huge hurry, when I decide to break down and buy one you can have my cover. it is not scratched. I am going to try to find the illumination circuit first though.
Still hanging on to those mallett's?
Did the brown bread quiet your car down alot? I have to do something to mine the noise is getting unbearable.
A couple of guys were wanting another dyno day, would you be interested?
Andy
Old 03-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Teching In

OK, let me know what you find out. I need some parts from one in general, but don't want to spend $150 on one to part it out.

The BrownBread helped some, but not to the level I had hoped. I bought some barrier material that we put in JoeyG's car. That seemed to work alot better. Let me know if your intrested, I have plenty more to sell. As far as the rims go, the drag radials are on them. I've thought about sending them off to get done like Franks Z06 rims.

Keep me updated on the HVAC control. I've got a guy that's got one for $100. maybe we can split the costs if needed.