PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just replaced 02 V6 Camaro MAF, now I have this problem...please help.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just replaced 02 V6 Camaro MAF, now I have this problem...please help.

Ok I have a 2002 Camaro V6 I recently changed my MAF cause I was told that it was bad and that's why my car kept jerking while accelerating and Service Engine Light wouldn't go off, I cleaned the old MAF and it corrected the problem for only 3 days, so I figured I needed a new one.

I ordered a new one off ebay with 5 year warranty I know its the right kind cause it looks exactly the same. I got it yesterday by mail on 1/6/12 and disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, installed the new MAF and reconnected the battery and started up the car and the service engine light was gone. I drove the car for an hour and it's running perfectly fine with no service engine light and no more jerking while accelerating. A few hours later I go to start up the car and it would start Idol for like 10 seconds then stall, finally I started it kept my foot on the gas for a little while and released my foot off the gas and the car stayed on, so I drove it around for a good drive like about 2 hours driving on streets and freeway, got home turned it off and tried to start it again and it seemed ok cause it was starting with no problem.

So the next day it was still ok, I went to the store got home then left a few hours later to go run more errands, and when I was ready to go home I started the car and It would stall after 10 seconds of idle again, so I kept my foot on the gas for a bit and released it and it seems to be ok again.

I changed the my spark plugs and wires a couple of months ago and my catalytic converter too cause I needed it and now got a brand new MAF and the car runs perfectly smooth except this starting problem that only happened since I put in the new MAF and still the SES light is off, So what could possibly be causing this problem? Does something need to be reset or calibrated?

Please help

Last edited by david2166; 01-07-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Search this Thread