how to title

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to title

texas,, has anyone titled an assembled vehicle? inspection guy says, inspected as the year on title, which would be 2012, and i aint puttin cats on this beast, tube frame race car, couple of years ago i saw a street legal indy car here in texas, wonder how he titled that thing,,, need someone who has done this, please dont post link to texas dmv, geez,,,thanks
L
Old 01-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

In order to title an assembled vehicle, you will need to contact your nearest DMV reginional office to get the paper work to do it unless your car came with a certific of origin.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

I will ask my old man how he did his but if I can remember correctly his came with a certificate of orgin and the inspection was based around what motor was in the.For instance if a 98 LS1 motor was in there then it had to meet 98 ls1 inspection specs,but we all know how that can be persuaded
Old 01-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Launching!

waco tx dot office. everything can be handled there
Old 01-08-2012, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

my 240 was re-titled because I let the registration lapse. There's some paperwork you'll need to fill out from the county of residence, and 1 form for the state. Basically you need to confirm what motor is in the vehicle, have all safety equipment present for the year of the chassis, and all emissions equipment for the year of the motor. Then take it to an approved state inspector (mine was in Harris County so I just went to the DMV on a trailer) and have the car inspected. They can issue the stickers and registration on the spot, and you'll get plates in 4-6 weeks. (assuming everything passes)