Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E manuals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E manuals?

I am working on my conversion... LS1 into Isuzu Vehicross... I have finally sourced an adaptor plate for the use of my Borg Warner Torque On Demand transfer case to work with the 4L60E that came with my LS1 (out of a Z28)... anyway, the output shaft of passenger cars is longer than that of a similar transmission in a 4x4 vehicle... so, I have to change out the output shaft to a 4x4 unit (shorter).

I have a problem with trusting the tranny shops here in the area, and can't seem to find anyone who KNOWS someone who can do the work... wasn't really looking for a deal so much as someone I can trust. I want to change out the output shaft... but "supposedly" my tranny only has 17K miles on it, so I don't know that there is any reason to completely rebuild it... I don't want someone I don't know or trust to just pressure me into something I don't need... money is tight right now.

If I had a proper shop manual, I am confident that with my mechanical abilities and a decent array of tools as well as access to ALL possible tools if I need them, that I could open it up, replace the shaft and put it back together. Sooo... that brings me to my question...

Does anyone here know of a PDF'd manual for the 4L60E? If not, does anyone recommend a specific brand or issue of manual for doing such a job? If so, PLEASE help a brutha out! I should have my parts later this week and ULTIMATELY it would be great to work on it over the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!
Old 03-18-2004, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that could help with this?
Old 03-18-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll pray 4 u!
Old 03-19-2004, 09:49 PM
On The Tree