View Full Version : Fuel pressure question with racetronix pump

TransamGCS
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Hello i just recently installed a racetronix fuel pump,hot wire kit, Fast fuel rails and injectors with gauge mounted to fuel rail. i notice that when i turn the car off the pressure gradually falls to zero from which i understand is normal i guess. the thing is say after the car has been sitting for a while and i go back out and pop the hood the pressure will be back up to like 30 or 20 lbs and then gradually drop i have even had the hood up and the gauge reading zero all of a sudden it will spike up to 30 lbs so could the pump be getting little power spikes or could it be a relay? all of this is happening with the car off key not even in the ignition. car starts up fine and holds a consistent 65 lbs at idle any thoughts are appreciated

01ssreda4
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Unplug the relay and find out if that makes it stop.

MeentSS02
01-09-2012, 08:08 AM
That's very odd...I'd do as 01ssreda4 suggested and either unplug the relay, or just remove the fuse from the hotwire to make sure the pump has no power. Either way, it shouldn't be spiking at all with the key off.

Old Geezer
01-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Liquid filled gauge?

TransamGCS
01-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Ok i will unplug the fuse first and try that for a while and then try the relay.

Old Geezer yes it liquid filled