Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

RX performance dual valve catch can - any experience??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RX performance dual valve catch can - any experience??

http://www.coloradospeed.com/index.p...ducts_id=17761

Any of you FI guys have experience with this catch can? Seems to be a pretty new product and I tried a search but could not find any info on it. Just want to know if it's a good setup and does all that it's advertised to do? I don't want a mess of hoses in my engine bay and this seems like the cleanest route to go. I def like the idea of a vacuum assisted EVAC setup over one that just vents to a standard tank with a breather.

Setup is a 2005 5.3, 317's, LS6 cam, LS6 intake, T76 at 14-15 PSI.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Guess thats a no? Well I'll have to be the guinea pig then.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

We sell them with free shipping; they really are a nice product! Its a close tie for top spot between the RX Performance catch can and the Elite Engineering catch can. For a turbo/centrifugal SC setup, the RX really is the way to go, with its integrated dual valve. For natural aspiration, I barely prefer the Elite can, since you can clean out 100% of the filth.

Feel free to call, email, or PM anytime!
- Jeremy
Old 01-11-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default good things come to those who wait

I ordered my Rx and it is taking forever to ship because apparently its made to order.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JDP Tech
We sell them with free shipping; they really are a nice product! Its a close tie for top spot between the RX Performance catch can and the Elite Engineering catch can. For a turbo/centrifugal SC setup, the RX really is the way to go, with its integrated dual valve. For natural aspiration, I barely prefer the Elite can, since you can clean out 100% of the filth.

Feel free to call, email, or PM anytime!
- Jeremy
Well thanks for the info on it, Jeremy! I was actually just about to order it online, but found out that a very local shop had them in stock for the same price as online so I figured I'd support a local business. Went and picked it up today. Quality looks top notch. I do appreciate the offer though!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one and while it's working, the plastic fittings going to the metal can could be of better quality. For the price, it would be nice if they were a metal fitting.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
I have one and while it's working, the plastic fittings going to the metal can could be of better quality. For the price, it would be nice if they were a metal fitting.
Yea that was one of the things I had hoped was a little "beefier" too. But from what I hear, nobody really has a problem with them. The owner of the shop I bought mine at also informed me that sometimes the check valve ***** can rattle a bit inside the fittings and make some noise...I'm not too concerned about that though because my car wasn't built with "quiet cushy ride" in mind haha.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

I have one and like it.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Yea that was one of the things I had hoped was a little "beefier" too. But from what I hear, nobody really has a problem with them. The owner of the shop I bought mine at also informed me that sometimes the check valve ***** can rattle a bit inside the fittings and make some noise...I'm not too concerned about that though because my car wasn't built with "quiet cushy ride" in mind haha.
No problems here and I'm happy with it as long as it works. My open bypass valve certainly drowns out any potential rattling so that's no concern lol.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is everyone still liking these? any updates made to them, like brass fittings instead of plastic?
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I ordered my Rx and it is taking forever to ship because apparently its made to order.
I had the same issue. Got the run around for about 3 weeks. Finally just got my money back and bought a Moroso setup. Works great. The RX is a great looking product though.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep i agree it does. i got to talking to lastls1 at speed inc's open house yesterday and just gonna run my moroso and weld some -8 bungs on my valve covers to run to it. looks like it should do the trick!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Teching In

I ordered mine with -6AN fittings instead of the plastic and they did a GREAT JOB putting it together for me. This combined with ProClassic Russell hose and it is a very clean setup. I ordered direct from RX Performance.

Quick Reply: RX performance dual valve catch can - any experience??