Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need a little help to get to my expectations

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help to get to my expectations

I'm going to start to make that hard decision on my turbo as it sits now my car chassis wise is built for a turbo so may as well use it. I have a Lq9 stock bottom end arp rod bolts, going to re ring the pistons. Contemplating a little thicker head gasket and going with ported scoogin dickey ls3 heads and ls3 intake manifold. As far as a rear thats up in the air for this car leaning between a s60 or moser 12 bolt. And power is going through a t6060 transmission. My goal is to crack that 800 hp range so far im using a modified modular turbo hotside with truck manifolds. The turbo i havent bought yet but so far my sights are locked onto a
S400SX4-75 1.10A/R

Turbo Specs:
Compressor Inlet - 5 Inch
Compressor Wheel Inducer/Exducer - 75 x 100mm with ETT
Turbine Wheel Inducer/Exducer - 83 x 74mm
Turbine Outlet - 5 Inch V-Band
Turbine Inlet - T6 Divided
Turbine A/R - 1.10
T6 Exhaust Housings .90,or 1.00

Unless any of you have a better idea of a turbo for it. Car is going to be a street/ strip car, mostly strip. Any input on things i need to do to achieve these goals or if its even possible with this bottom end. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I wouldn't rering the stock pistons, I'd spend the money and get the bottom end of the engine built. Compstar rods, Diamond pistons and Total Seal rings for forced induction do a great job. You'll have money in machining and in parts, but I'd do it right the first time. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website