DOT Registration Window Sticker

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DOT Registration Window Sticker

When i was up in Washington i scraped the thing off cause i didn't need it. Do all yall have it on your windshield? I figure it does just as good of a job in the glove box as long as i got it but yeah it does say to put this ugly sticker on the vehical's windshield.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um yeah... Just another reason to get pulled over and have them go through your records or car to find something else. Don't give them a reason!!! Easy to get dismissed, but if the judge is an ahole......
Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, inspection goes in the corner, registration goes on top or next to it
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
When i was up in Washington i scraped the thing off cause i didn't need it. Do all yall have it on your windshield? I figure it does just as good of a job in the glove box as long as i got it but yeah it does say to put this ugly sticker on the vehical's windshield.
So on this rationale the inspection inside the glovebox does the same thing? UMMM no. You have to have it on the windshield. This is a stupid thread.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
So on this rationale the inspection inside the glovebox does the same thing? UMMM no. You have to have it on the windshield. This is a stupid thread.
Relax man, no need to get your panties strung up in a bunch, however much you might like it that way and here's why. I have been driving without it on down here for a while now with no issues, other states I've been to don't use them, and i was also noticing about half of the cars i saw that day didn't have them as well. Also, regulations do change, and some things are regulated more than others.

Thanks to all the other people though for your answer's
Old 01-11-2012, 05:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with you those stickers are stupid they only make LEO's jobs easy. Saddly its the law. And whoever said that they might get searched just because no sticker is present on the windshield is silly. The op clearly stated that he has proof in his glove box. He's just making whoever pulls him over earn his pay.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

do you have a texas license plate or washington one?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Relax man, no need to get your panties strung up in a bunch, however much you might like it that way and here's why. I have been driving without it on down here for a while now with no issues, other states I've been to don't use them, and i was also noticing about half of the cars i saw that day didn't have them as well. Also, regulations do change, and some things are regulated more than others.

Thanks to all the other people though for your answer's
What are you like 16? Did you just get your license? I wear a thong, backwards, get it right. Because you have been doing it doesn't make it legal. You asked and I told. If you didn't like the correct answer, which I gave to you, then keep on driving like this. You will probably get a ticket. I hate when people post a thread asking for advice then get mad when they don't hear the answer they want. So you know what, drive without it, get a ticket, make a thread that says I got a ticket for not having my registration sticker on my windshield how do I fight it. Then I will say told you so stupid *****. You are almost as bad as Retarded Peguin, lol.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are you like 16? Did you just get your license? I wear a thong, backwards, get it right. Because you have been doing it doesn't make it legal. You asked and I told. If you didn't like the correct answer, which I gave to you, then keep on driving like this. You will probably get a ticket. I hate when people post a thread asking for advice then get mad when they don't hear the answer they want. So you know what, drive without it, get a ticket, make a thread that says I got a ticket for not having my registration sticker on my windshield how do I fight it. Then I will say told you so stupid *****. You are almost as bad as Retarded Peguin, lol.
hahahaha thats funny
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red90cobra
do you have a texas license plate or washington one?
Its a Texas plate, I've known you needed one just didn't care at all before, but when i was up in Washington i was working on my car more and someone mentioned them so i scraped them off and notice how much cleaner it looked even from something small like that. Oh well, probably throw them back up there
Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

I've got far better things to do then get in a pissing match with some little guy on the internet with something to prove. Thank you for your response.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

It's not a pissing contest. Just stating facts. Once again you don't like the answers, lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

In florida we have mini stickers for registration, goes on the corner of the license plate. No inspection.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

^ Yeah i like some other the other states ways of doing it a lot better. I guess the fine is only 25 bucks anyways so i'm cool with that every once in a while. Got a crack in the windshield i gotta replace sometime before putting anything on it anyways.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
In florida we have mini stickers for registration, goes on the corner of the license plate. No inspection.
Houston did this too about 20yrs ago. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they switched to the big ones on the inside due to theft of them on the plates. Some old school people correct me if I'm wrong(I'm not that old)!!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:06 PM
9 Second Club

i lived out of state for 4 years (USMC). being in the service i was allowed to keep my Texas residency, I was in Florida for 1 year and Cali for 3 years. I never put my registration sticker on until I got into Texas. when ever i was pulled over out of state the cop always asked for my license, registration & insurance. I pointed to the registration sticker and the (out of state cop) always said whats that. i told him that was my registration and had to explain to him how to read it (month and year). After that I stopped putting it on my windshield and carried the registration paper with the sticker still on it in my glove box.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Houston did this too about 20yrs ago. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they switched to the big ones on the inside due to theft of them on the plates. Some old school people correct me if I'm wrong(I'm not that old)!!
ches... the registration tags went on the plates.. because of theft they moved them to the windshield, bikes and trailers still use them though.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Banned

If it has Texas plates, you must have a blue sticker in the lower driver side corner of the windshield. You can go to any tax office or title clerk office that sells registration stickers and ask for a reprint. They are about $7-$9 and the sticker will expire the same time as the one it's replacing.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
ches... the registration tags went on the plates.. because of theft they moved them to the windshield, bikes and trailers still use them though.
Most people out here use a box cutter and cut a "X" though the sticker once its on the license plate. This way if a thief tries to take it off, it'll come off in 4 pieces.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club

Here were my vehicles when i lived in Cali, both had TX plates. The registration was on the Silverado cause i drove to TX in that truck at least once a year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DOT Registration Window Sticker