Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator tuning

Receiving my predator tomorrow, looking for tips on where to start. My car is an 02 c5 6 speed, no mufflers, dual cone intake, carbon fiber air bridge, smooth coupler no screen in MAF, and MSD ignition. I plan on dropping the fan settings, what about fuel and timing? Wonder if I could pull off a tune with this handheld after I install a mayhem cam. Thanks for any tips
Old 01-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Drop fan settings some, log your ltfts and tune accordingly for those... dont touch timing unless you know what your doing but with your mods it shouldnt need anymore. No you cannot tune for a cam with it unless you find somebody with a cmr suite and pay them.

Ask me how I know ha.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slammedc5
Receiving my predator tomorrow, looking for tips on where to start. My car is an 02 c5 6 speed, no mufflers, dual cone intake, carbon fiber air bridge, smooth coupler no screen in MAF, and MSD ignition. I plan on dropping the fan settings, what about fuel and timing? Wonder if I could pull off a tune with this handheld after I install a mayhem cam. Thanks for any tips
Fans are lowered a bit in the tunes, but you can play with them as much as you like.
I wouldn't mess with the WOT fuel settings unless you have a wideband, so you know where you are at and which way to go

You can do some logging to see if you have any knock and adjust timing accordingly, but again, it is optimized in the preloaded tunes.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

When I read the title for the thread I thought you were talking about a Predator carburetor. HAHA
Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info guys, I won't be doing my cam til summer time as I'm collecting all the parts, ls2 timing chain etc... I was thinking I could play around with the predator til then and get familiar with the tuning perameters. Sounds like its more like a set tune I will download and just leave it. After cam definatly will get a dyno tune.