Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes activation switches for the steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who makes activation switches for the steering wheel?

Who makes switches for the steering wheel? I want my "WOT" switch on the wheel. That way I can regulate the go and no go. I don't want to drill a hole in the wheel like on fast and furious, I know crap ricer movie.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look under the electrical section on the Jeg's website. They have a universal switch that is on a spiral cord (like a phone cord) that is heavy enough gauge for nitrous or transbrakes.
I highly recommend that you DO NOT use anything other then WOT to control your nitrous. However, you could use the switch in conjunction with a WOT switch on your throttle body, where the steering wheel button would complete the circuit, by triggering the actual arming relay. Injecting nitrous oxide into a motor that is not at WOT will destroy the motor. Make sure you never spray below 3000rpm, or hit the rev limiter while nitrous is being injected. Both of those actions can also destroy your motor.
Happy spraying.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have always thought it would be cool to use your old stereo controls on your steering wheel if you have them. That is ,if you have an aftermarket head unit that would render the steering wheel functions inop. it could be done using a relay. i think it would be sweet arm the juice then hit the "volume up button" i think that the volume button would be momentary..if not the plan would not work and i have just made an *** of myself.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to sacrafice your horn and disable the horn function from your alarm you could just use the horn buttons to complete the circuit to the WOT switch!......... I tried to make just the left horn button on my camaro operate the n2o but when I got the steering wheel apart to check it out it would be such a pain in the a** to wire from there to the solenoids I just said f**k it.....
Old 03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Have you seen the new box from MSD that is programmable to turn on/off goodies such as n2o? I saw it in the new GMHTP mag. It's digital, so no changing out pills.