Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ALT relocation question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALT relocation question

I am tackling my Alt relocation tomorrow and I am also deleting my PS and putting in my manual rack among other things. I have a bracket to mount the alt up top (pass side) and a belt size tool so Im not worried about that. Question is this, when moving the alt what wiring changes do I need to make? Harness, power wire, etc. I also plan on moving my battery to the trunk in the future, so should I just wait and do it at the same time?

Hope it isn't a stupid question but I've been at work thinking about it and I don't want to start something I can't finsh rather quickly. Thanks!

I also used the search but couldn't find what i needed, everyone is worried about the belt size and I can figure that part out on my own.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll only need to extend one wire from the actual harness that goes to the plug on the alternator and you shouldn't have to do anything with the one coming from the battery cable. Mine was long enough when I first moved my alternator. As far as mounting the battery in the back, the Tick Performance Battery Relocation Kit will give you a good idea of what's involved with moving it. I couldn't afford their kit and I had all the tools to make the cables myself, but it was great to use as a reference. Here's a link to it: http://www.tickperformance.com/categ...ry-Relocation/ Hope that helps to answer your question.