Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST intake/Vring Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST intake/Vring Question

I have purchased a ported FAST 102 from vengeance and had a LS2 DBW TB ported by Vmax and had a Vring sent out with it to suit.

Vengeance ported the mouth of the intake and the recommendation is to loosen the 2 front bolts and slide the Vring in and tighten the bolts.

So because of the mouth porting, when I install the Vring it slides in and out of the mouth... without loosening the bolts,
I haven't exactly measured but its safe to say it hasn't been ported to more than say 102.5-103mm as the Vring still contacts with the mouth somewhat.

I know it won't enter the intake but I'm worried about it moving back and forth and hitting the MAP sensor.

My question: Is there something I could line the mouth of the intake like silicon or similar that won't melt due to the extreme heat that engine will produce so the Vring won't move around?

Also I don't want to try and tighten the intake down anymore than it is as it may crack..

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Munz
I have purchased a ported FAST 102 from vengeance and had a LS2 DBW TB ported by Vmax and had a Vring sent out with it to suit.

Vengeance ported the mouth of the intake and the recommendation is to loosen the 2 front bolts and slide the Vring in and tighten the bolts.

So because of the mouth porting, when I install the Vring it slides in and out of the mouth... without loosening the bolts,
I haven't exactly measured but its safe to say it hasn't been ported to more than say 102.5-103mm as the Vring still contacts with the mouth somewhat.

I know it won't enter the intake but I'm worried about it moving back and forth and hitting the MAP sensor.

My question: Is there something I could line the mouth of the intake like silicon or similar that won't melt due to the extreme heat that engine will produce so the Vring won't move around?

Also I don't want to try and tighten the intake down anymore than it is as it may crack..

Thanks in advance for your help
Sorry, can't help but thanks for posting this. I was thinking about getting one of those rings for my Vengeance port fast and ls2 TB until I saw this. Man I wish the DBW TB's weren't so expensive, my little 421 could use one.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Vengeance ported my intake aswell, and i have the same problem. Im just not going to use the ring and we will see how it goes. So with that said i have a useless vmax ring if anyone wants it.
I just dont like the idea of having to put something around the ring to get it to fit snug in there. even if i was to put a layer of tape around the ring to make it fit snug in there, i would hate for the **** to come off and get sucked through my intake
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Teching In

I'm gonna give it a few drops of RTV sealant like the high temp Copper Permatex one. Its got a higher temp range than the red silicon and is also sensor safe.

Can't hurt to give it a try.