Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

GTO owner from Houston

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO owner from Houston

As the title states, I'm a new member from Houston, TX. I've been having a great time learning, driving, and modifying cars for the last 10 years or so and in that time I've been lucky to own cars that were very different from each other, but they were all imports. The GTO is my first domestic and I've had it since July and I've loved every minute of driving it! I guess I'll start at the start of my car history, lol.

2002 Toyota Celica GT 5-Speed

This was the first car I ever tried to modify and overall it was a great learning experience despite being a bottom of the line version of a car that wasn't really fast to begin with. As far as modifications I did everything on this car myself and with friends and I learned so much from working on it. We did lowering springs, slotted rotors, and front/rear strut bars for braking and handling. For power we installed I/H/E as well as a NX 75 shot just to surprise people with, lol. All of the work I did on this car was a learning experience and it was a good car for it.

2002 Toyota MR2-Spyder

I purchased the MR2 because it was light weight and had great handling, despite being low on power. Soon after I purchased the car I met an expert in MR2-Spyder and Lotus Elise modification who, after seeing other cars he built, made me realize that I wanted him to build a car for me. For the next 6 months I did not get to see my little Spyder, but when he was finished it was well worth the wait. He removed the stock engine and built and installed an engine and transmission from a wrecked Lotus Elise. To handle the extensive modifications he did to the engine he also installed and tuned an Apexi Power FC to control everything and a custom tachometer with oil temp, water temp and water pressure because the stock unit only went up to 8K rpms and we were going past that with my motor. In addition he cryo treated the gears and installed a new clutch and flywheel. Finally he installed a Tein suspension, bigger brakes, and 5Zigen fn01r-c wheels w/g-force t/a's to keep the car planted better. Although I did none of the work to this car myself, I was ok with it due to the great care that was taken to make it perfect for me. This was by far the funnest car I have ever owned and planned on keeping it forever until it became the victim of a lady running a red light.

2008 Subaru WRX

After the Spyder I wanted something that I could work on again so I got this WRX. I modified it with lowering springs, CAI, DP, and exhaust all installed myself and later had a trusted shop do a custom tune for my modifications. The car was fun because I could do whatever I wanted with it whether it be drag racing or mudding, but I really began to miss having a RWD vehicle.

Anyways, this brings me to now. I am currently driving a completely stock 2005 Lexus RX330 and a Quick Silver Metallic 2004 Pontiac GTO M6. The car has 48000 miles on it and with the current modifications put down 352whp/358tq. I've also got a set of OEM 18' wheels and 2005+ brakes that are going to be installed on the car in the next couple of months. On to the pics

Anyways thanks for the patience with my long intro, and I'm glad to be a part of a site with so much knowledge and information like this one.

-Norm.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Welcome to the heard. Great car, have fun with it!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome....
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, the car has been a blast!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!