Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Prius drivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Prius drivers

Is it just me or are Prius drivers the worst in the world. Yes their cars are good for the environment but stay out of the fast lane. I hate being on the freeway and they are going 55 slowing traffic down to get their 40 MPG. Please if you know one of these people tell them to get over and enjoy their good mileage let the rest of us get there on time!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No it's not you I see the same thing time after time.
And it's just not in the fast lane. It must be all that EMF
around them.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the "drivers" but those "dribers" are bad news...

Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

You're telling me bro, I can't stand some of them, and for reasons a bit more than yours haha. I know it's one thing to generalize things like this, but for the threads sake, I'll tell my tale. Just one of many incidents I've had.

On my drive back to school after break, I was getting on the freeway (and on-ramps are one of the few places I "get on it" just because I do it for the acceleration and not just top speed.) I've also had the car since I was 17, 5 years this summer with no moving violations, just for some background.

I merge into the slow lane at about 90 or so, and start to come up on a big rig in the slow lane. Rather than cutting off the prius in the fast lane, I slow down and wait for the prius to pass before merging over. Once I'm behind him, he slows down and paces the big rig... I know it's just perpetuating things but I flash my brights. So he speeds up, merges over and I proceed to pass. I'm going 75 (70 speed limit) and merge back into the slow lane with the prius a good 8 cars back. He proceeds to speed up, merges into the fast lane and drives by flipping me off. I got a good laugh out of it and that was the end of things.

But yeah OP, I'm with ya on the prius drivers bro, just know they're only jealous of us haha.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is their "I am better than you" mentality. Because they are showing the world they care about the environment by purchasing a green car, they are special, and they want everyone to know it.

They don't realize that when we have to brake, merge, then accelerate to pass them, the gas we used to do so offsets the gas they saved being a slug on the road.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Teching In

A guy I know who drives a prius backed out of my driveway and hit my girlfriends car. Still dont know how he managed that. Talking to some other people it turns out it wasnt the first time he did something like that in his prius either.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you remember when the President had NASA investigate the issues with the Prius; that was found to be driver error! All I know is something about the Prius attracts idiots!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
It is their "I am better than you" mentality. Because they are showing the world they care about the environment by purchasing a green car, they are special, and they want everyone to know it.

They don't realize that when we have to brake, merge, then accelerate to pass them, the gas we used to do so offsets the gas they saved being a slug on the road.
My senior project for my Android programming class was a game called "Beat the 405" where you are driving a Corvette and blasting Priuses (Priuii?) out of your way
Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was coming back from florida after christmas with the family I encountered a prius on I-75. He was local to the county I was in, and hew as in the middle of 3 lanes, as was I.

I had cruise set, 78 in a 70 zone, and he was going slower.. he was behind a burgundy car of some kind, it was an inconsequential vehicle so the make/model wasn't relevant to me.

as I approached it was evident I was moving a good bit faster than him so I got over into the fast lane to pass on cruise. As I got almost to the guy's bumper he cut me off and started passing the red car.

I was already on his *** because he made me get on his ***. I turned off cruise and let the truck drift back a bit. He passed the red car, turned on his signal, then got 2 tires in the lane in front of the car. I resumed cruise, and the truck kicked it to recoup the lost speed (probably 10+mph)

apparently.. since he's god of the road prius owner, my truck aggressively trying to haul past him angered the enviro-god.. so he got BACK OVER WHILE I WAS IN THE LANE BESIDE HIM forcing me off the road into the shoulder. I thought he was just an idiot, so I kicked it, the shoulder was smooth and paved thankfully.

HE PUNCHED IT TOO and held beside me well in excess of our current speed, holding me off the road.

when I finally got over I was going WAY faster than I wanted to go, and he was still on my tail. He flipped me the bird. I held it down for a good 10 seconds until he was in the distance.

no idea what's wrong with prius owners.. but they need to cure themselves before they kill somebody.

what was I supposed to do? slam on brakes? The car behind HIM wouldn't have known what to do!

endangering someone's life on the holidays.. prius owners have no shame, and get no respect from me.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

My wife used to have a Prius before we met. I told her that if she gets one again I am divorcing her.

It is totally their mentality. They like to ride in the fast lane and HOV lanes at or just below the speed limit. Most dont know the general road courtesy rules: move over when flashed, use the fast lane to pass and then get over, get out of the slow lane to let cars merge onto the freeway...

actually, not sure if they dont know or they think they are above the rules. So far Volt drivers arent like this...i sure hope they never get this way.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

All the ones I see on the 91 are doing 90 swerving everywhere. Let's see what their mpg is haha. And screw them being better for the environment. They have a **** ton of batteries and are preety much a throwaway car. Nobody is going to want a prius in twenty years, a Camaro on the other hand gets good mileage and people still want them no matter the Age or miles.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of them act that way. I think it's that little tattle tale **** mentality that some kids had when they were in school. They bitched to someone like a rat if they couldn't have any fun themselves, and now they're in the same situation as adults with a goddamn prius so they want to make sure no one else can enjoy themselves.

Last edited by SSkull; 01-19-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:04 AM
On The Tree

I have worked for toyota and had to drive those damn things every day... They are horrible the batterys are only rated for 5 years and the amount of pollution that the plants make off sets anything the prius saves... also the batterys are close to $10,000 when they have to be replaced.

When I was at toyota I did research check this out if you take the top of the line corolla and the top of the line prius and subtract the price between them you wont pay for gas tell the corolla hits close to 70,000 MILES!!!!

PRIUS DRIVES ARE SUCKERS
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
My senior project for my Android programming class was a game called "Beat the 405" where you are driving a Corvette and blasting Priuses (Priuii?) out of your way
Yes, I believe that is the correct plural of Prius , but who wants to encounter more than one?

Far from scientific, but here's a comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtPwnsyGTxw
Old 01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

LOL, This is to funny I am a local truck driver in LA, every day I see Prius drivers doing 40 mph on the freeway. Sometime I wish I could just run them over lol
Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, and they clearly don't understand the the term "merger with traffic".
Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeyZ
I have worked for toyota and had to drive those damn things every day... They are horrible the batterys are only rated for 5 years and the amount of pollution that the plants make off sets anything the prius saves... also the batterys are close to $10,000 when they have to be replaced.

When I was at toyota I did research check this out if you take the top of the line corolla and the top of the line prius and subtract the price between them you wont pay for gas tell the corolla hits close to 70,000 MILES!!!!

PRIUS DRIVES ARE SUCKERS
Yeah owning a hummer is more environmentally better than a prius. The processing of the battery is ridiculous.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUs...e_gdata_player
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
All the ones I see on the 101-170-405-118 are doing 90 swerving everywhere. Let's see what their mpg is haha.
Same here, it's insane how often i see that ****.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Prius's only? Someone in a gallardo was doing 55 in 65 down here.

Quick Reply: Prius drivers