Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fi head suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fi head suggestions

Im looking to procharge my 408 camaro when i get home from afghanistan im going to change the heads to lower the compression. Running a 72cc head would put me at about 10:1 witch would work cause im planning on about 10psi or boost. My dilemma is what set of heads to run and i have a fast 90/90 that i hear are bad about leaking. Im not sure how much i can spend so im not trying to break the bank on this setup but im also trying to do it right the first time. What heads intake would you guys suggest?

Been toying with the idea of prc ls3 heads with a ls3 intake.

goal is to make about 700 rwhp
Old 01-17-2012, 07:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by z28josh
Im looking to procharge my 408 camaro when i get home from afghanistan im going to change the heads to lower the compression. Running a 72cc head would put me at about 10:1 witch would work cause im planning on about 10psi or boost. My dilemma is what set of heads to run and i have a fast 90/90 that i hear are bad about leaking. Im not sure how much i can spend so im not trying to break the bank on this setup but im also trying to do it right the first time. What heads intake would you guys suggest?

Been toying with the idea of prc ls3 heads with a ls3 intake.

goal is to make about 700 rwhp
Back at the old shop in '08 or '09 we installed our blower cam in an '08 LS3 Corvette, along with a D-1SC. This Corvette already had headers and exhaust on it. At 8.4 psi of boost this combo made 700 rwhp. We pulled as much timing out of it that we reasonably could and it was at 684 rwhp. The customer wanted us to leave it this way instead of reducing the boost. Last I heard it was still very healthy, but this older guy doesn't drive his car hard.

You wouldn't have any problems making 700 rwhp. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website