Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 camaro 6speed tune, Do you have one? few HP tuner questions as well

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 camaro 6speed tune, Do you have one? few HP tuner questions as well

I just got HP tuners and am starting out and have been looking at the tune repository and comparing to my current tune( i currently have the hypertech handheld tune that i copied off my ecu, MANY thanks to the guy who suggested i do this.) do you guys have more tunes i could look at?

my other question is, how do the spark/fuel tables for the 99+ differ from 98? since there are many more 99+ tunes in the repository, it seems that if i could just copy and paste tables that it would work but i want to make sure first.

finally in the existing 98 6speed repository there is a tune that is basically full bolt-ons, which is my current setup, but it says that its been made for speed density. what does this mean, and can i run this?

Thanks for the help
Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
I just got HP tuners and am starting out and have been looking at the tune repository and comparing to my current tune( i currently have the hypertech handheld tune that i copied off my ecu, MANY thanks to the guy who suggested i do this.) do you guys have more tunes i could look at?

my other question is, how do the spark/fuel tables for the 99+ differ from 98? since there are many more 99+ tunes in the repository, it seems that if i could just copy and paste tables that it would work but i want to make sure first.

finally in the existing 98 6speed repository there is a tune that is basically full bolt-ons, which is my current setup, but it says that its been made for speed density. what does this mean, and can i run this?

Thanks for the help
If you don't understand this, please don't make any changes until you read,,,,,,,, a lot!

Read the forum, and read your help files in your hptuners.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Launching!

yeah i just read the all the stickys on speed density vs MAF tuning. i think ill stick to the MAF since it seems less maintenance form of tuning, so it looks like that tune is useless to me.

but what about the spark advance/retard tables, can i still use these from this tune?(even though the hypertech tune calls for more advance at high RPM)
Old 01-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VerdeZ28
yeah i just read the all the stickys on speed density vs MAF tuning. i think ill stick to the MAF since it seems less maintenance form of tuning, so it looks like that tune is useless to me.

but what about the spark advance/retard tables, can i still use these from this tune?(even though the hypertech tune calls for more advance at high RPM)

Before you do any copy and paste like Ed stated... Do some more reading and comprehending the concept of tuning. Tuning it's not just copy and paste.

Buy the Greg Banish DVDs or Master the EFI Tuner by Dan Maslic.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Banned

i have both of greg banish tuning dvd's if your interested..

Quick Reply: 98 camaro 6speed tune, Do you have one? few HP tuner questions as well