Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuttering Fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttering Fix

Ok, this isn't a question, just a reminder kind of that sometimes even though we think we thought of everything, sometimes it's the one little detail that makes all the difference in the world.

So to give the whole story.....I have a 2000 Camaro SS, stock LS1 (and I mean STOCK) that I put on a little 125 shot (or so I thought) of giggle juice. This thing was wicked. I loved every minute of it, dropped over a second off my 1/8th mile. I wasn't as happy with the dyno numbers as I wanted and started researching why. But that's not the point of the story.

That all got sidetracked when the fuel pump went out going down the road. NOT fun when doing 70 in traffic. Anyways, I replaced the pump, it went out again, and again, then finally good luck happened with the third one. I went with a better flowing better psi pump, but all of the sudden I started getting a mean stutter after 4000 rpms. I checked everything I could think of and just couldn't figure it out. I knew it had to be a fuel issue. So I am racking my brain, re-checking numbers on the pump, etc. when my Dad quietly asked me, "After all the working in the tank and pump did you change the filter again since we stirred up all that **** in there?"

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! Of course I didn't, I had just changed it 3 weeks before the first pump went out. Stupid little part stumped me for a while. Happy ending being I changed the filter, re-jetted, and OMG I still haven't stopped smiling from my test drive a few minutes ago. No feeling in the world like doing 30-35, mashing the gas, spinning the tires and watching the guy in the next lane **** all over himself.

Moral of the story, just because you think you have checked everything, slow down and check one more time cause it might just be the little thing that sets you back.

Quick Reply: Stuttering Fix