Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP engine mounts with Mast pan Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BRP engine mounts with Mast pan Chevelle

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any experience with BRP mounts with a Mast oil pan? This would be in a 71 Chevelle.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should work fine,the brp mounts are made to use the hummer pan.The mast pan is much shallower so it should clear easy.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2nd that !.. With the Mast pan.. you should be able to lower the engine almost an 1" from where the BRP mounts the engine in height !
Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iv got the brp mounts in my 71 chevelle,it does sit the engine high. I used the lh8 oil pan and it DOES hang below the crossmember...I added a deflector plate to the bottom of my crossmember... The mast pan will be ok...I also have a 4l80e behind mine and I did have to raise the tranny tunnel to get enough clearance. BUT, I didn't have any issues with the PS pulley or the AC compressor clearance... I did use the trk accs. hope this helps....
If I knew how to post pics, I would, to show my setup......
Rick
Attached Thumbnails BRP engine mounts with Mast pan Chevelle-p8070231.jpg  
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. They said the CTS-V pan will work but the Mast pan looks like it would offer a bit more clearance.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Cts-v

Yes.. the CTS-V does have a bit of a limitation or clearance issue.. The crossmember can contact the pan and the result will be to either move the engine back more or raise the engine (or both). But it is still a good choice.

This is the area that transitions between the front area to the lower sump. But it is usually better than going with a LH8 pan and bottoming out. I Sold a CTS-V pan to Phil at BRP (back in 05', I was able to buy two take off from Roy Brizio who couldn't use them on his Rod build and went with F-body pans) and Phil used one to design/build his Kit with and then he added the LH8 pan as being compatiable with the kit. I had already installed mine and used the early BRP plates to install my LS1 in my Chevelle (might be the 1st A-Body with a CTS-V pan ?).

Here some pictures with F-Body (with test notch) pan to compare against.
Also note that the front sump area is about 1/2" thicker that a F-Body but simular to LS2 and other truck pans.

BC
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the BRP mounts w/CTS-V pan & the CTS-V pan hangs maybe 1/4 inch below the crossmember. I may weld a piece on just to get it below the oil pan, but I don't think it should be a problem.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Mast Pan it is. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: BRP engine mounts with Mast pan Chevelle