Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dbc throttle body, dbw intake manifold.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dbc throttle body, dbw intake manifold.

Hey guys, I posted this in the Fueling and Injection section but it doesn't seem they get much traffic. Wondering if I can run an older dbc throttle body on my 04 5.3L intake. I don't really want to spend money on another intake. Anyone know of a nice throttle cable bracket or would factory brackets be a good choice.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

I am running a DBC TB on my 01 intake.. its 3 bolts.

I am using the stock cable bracket. but using the Bowtie Overdrives adapter to connect the older tranny kickdown.

Sam
Old 01-22-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

So are the 01 and 04 intake manifolds the same? I think gm switched to the dbw t/b in 03, right?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am doing that on my C-10.
The only things I had to do was to take some of the brass insert threads on other unused mounts, heated them up a little with a torch and then insert them where the cable bracket goes (Arrow A) here the bracket is not yet bolted on.
I could've simply tapped them into place but did not want to risk breaking the plastic.
The other thing is that you will have redundant vents for the PCV and the one in the throttle will hit the one in the manifold, use the one in the manifold (Arrow C), then simply turn the one on the throttle and cap it (Arrow B).
Attached Thumbnails dbc throttle body, dbw intake manifold.-dbw-dbc-intake.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Derrick Wray (07-06-2020)
Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Rat Chevelle, it seems easy enough. I like how you smoothed the intake out and painted it. Looks a lot better.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rat Chevelle
I am doing that on my C-10.
The only things I had to do was to take some of the brass insert threads on other unused mounts, heated them up a little with a torch and then insert them where the cable bracket goes (Arrow A) here the bracket is not yet bolted on.
I could've simply tapped them into place but did not want to risk breaking the plastic.
The other thing is that you will have redundant vents for the PCV and the one in the throttle will hit the one in the manifold, use the one in the manifold (Arrow C), then simply turn the one on the throttle and cap it (Arrow B).
BACK FROM THE DEAD...and just in time for Halloween! Haha.

This is the exact info i was looking for. I like the tip about removing and re-using the brass inserts, I was going to epoxy nuts in place. Despite that you are probably long gone: Thanks Rat!

Score 1 for the search function!
The following users liked this post:
Derrick Wray (07-06-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dbc throttle body, dbw intake manifold.