Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Removing Procharger, need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Procharger, need help

Hey guys, I'm selling my twin intercooled P1SC kit off my car in order to fund a forged motor. The kit has been sold and is 95% removed already.I'm not the one who installed the kit so I'm finding it slightly difficult. I have run into a couple small problems tho, and that is the altenator stud and some other stud that the procharger bracket hooked up to. I have heard that when installing these kits you have to remove the altenator bolt and replace it with a stud?? and I need some info on this please. Also There is only ONE large bolt that holds the procharger crank pulley on. I'm confused on if this bolt hold ALL the crak pullies on, or if it holds just the procharger one on. I'm also confused on what size/length bolt to replace it with ( I'm told it cannot be reused due to bolt stretching) once I remove the pulley. Does anyone know where I can find online instructions on the instal/removal of this kit. I have sold the kit to another Tech member and I just do not want to sell this guy short on ANY of the parts he is paying for since I labeled it as a FULL kit for sell. Thanks guy's ahead of time for all the help!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the manual. I forgot all the removal procedures. It's been a while since I sold mine. http://www.ls1.com/ed/procharger_owners_manual.pdf
Old 01-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by urban legend
here is the manual. I forgot all the removal procedures. It's been a while since i sold mine. http://www.ls1.com/ed/procharger_owners_manual.pdf
thanks alot man!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Yes Sir.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

there are 3 main torq bolts that hold the 8 rib setup together if that is what you have. the alternators stock bolt is removed and replaced with the silverish standoffs and a new threaded bolt. hopefully you can find one of those alternator bolts somewhere. other than that it should not take long to get that thing off at all. i hate to see it go man. shoulda forged it and then upgraded to the d1 at 17lbs with meth. talking 700+
Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
there are 3 main torq bolts that hold the 8 rib setup together if that is what you have. the alternators stock bolt is removed and replaced with the silverish standoffs and a new threaded bolt. hopefully you can find one of those alternator bolts somewhere. other than that it should not take long to get that thing off at all. i hate to see it go man. shoulda forged it and then upgraded to the d1 at 17lbs with meth. talking 700+
yeah man I did'nt want to sell it but I'm trying to look at the big picture. I was already at 500+RWHP and I knew I could only make it to around 600RWHP and then I would only be waiting on the engine to break wich was coming sooner or later. I figured I'd sell the procharger now and get the funds up to get a forged engine and nice set of heads (wich I already have found a great deal on a full engine). The engine I'm getting is set up for boost and I'm going bigger this go around with my power adder , such as a D1 or F1. I may even go turbo ..the engine is set ..just gota plan out what boost setup I want to go on it. I'm looking to 700-800RWHP on boost and water/meth alone, and may throw a 150 shot on there for ***** and giggles just to get it around 1k HP.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

if i were you id build that motor and go ahead and look into getting one of those Unleashed Peformance Oilless rear mount setups after they have been setup. guys making over 800rwhp on a stock bottom end. amazing stuff.

Quick Reply: Removing Procharger, need help