Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New z28/LT1 Owner...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New z28/LT1 Owner...

Hello all. Figured I would introduce myself to the site. Bought a red '95 Camaro z28 LT1 last Monday. Lurked here very briefly before joining. Ready to learn a lot, hoping to learn a lot. This is my first F-body & my first high powered car. Driven some that (I thought) were fast but nothing like this. Glad I finally stepped up into a Firebird/Trans Am/Camaro like I always wanted.

Here is my new baby...red '95 Camaro z28 LT1 M6. Drove to the middle of nowhere to get her...thankfully was able to pick it up at a decent price in the dead middle of Winter in between snowstorms. Came with a Dynomax exhaust, WS6 rims, & brand new tires. Things that I have been thinking of working at on the z28 are: an SS hood & maybe spoiler, cam & long tubes, lose the 16" tires for something a little larger, window tint, short shifter, & then not sure what else. I hope I win the lottery soon so I can afford to do all of that.

My z28 photos

Last edited by Cheetor1981; 01-23-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WS6 rims would be 17's, not 16's. If they are actually 16's, they're just chrome firebird rims with ws6 centercaps

Great looking car though, it looks very clean from what I can see. Welcome.

What are your goals for the car? Any ET or HP range come to mind? Lots of knowledge on here that can steer you in the right direction.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Teching In

Even if they are not WS6 rims, just Firebird ones with WS6 caps...they look a lot better than the salad shooter rims it could have came with. Those things are ugly.

I don't have major plans for it but I'm sure my brother will talk me into sockin' the HP to her. He has an '02 & just finished putting a 3/4 ton rearend in it with 4.10 gears. I'd like to just get her over 300HP & look good/sound good doing it.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cheetor1981
Even if they are not WS6 rims, just Firebird ones with WS6 caps...they look a lot better than the salad shooter rims it could have came with. Those things are ugly.

I don't have major plans for it but I'm sure my brother will talk me into sockin' the HP to her. He has an '02 & just finished putting a 3/4 ton rearend in it with 4.10 gears. I'd like to just get her over 300HP & look good/sound good doing it.
For sure, people can't give away salad shooter rims in some cases

300hp would be a cake walk. Start with the easy supporting mods:

-Cold Air intake -Lingenfelter is the cheapest, and performs adequately
-Long Tube Headers -(lots of options)
-EGR/AIR delete -if local inspection isn't an issue
-Cat-Back exhaust -get something good and be done with it, GMMG, magnaflow, Borla, Hooker aerochamber.
-Weight reduction-consider ditching the spare tire/jack if you're comfortable with it. It's about 45 lbs iirc. The SS hood you mentioned would be another great way to drop weight as well.
-Skip shift eliminator-Cheap, and gets rid of that annoying crap.
-Check your intake elbow-if it's ripped, torn, or has holes get a new one. "1LE" oem ones are popular, or summit and ebay have many choices as well.
-Gears-Get some quality 4.10's for your car.
-Suspension-read up at www.umiperformance.com or www.bmrfabrication.com
I'd suggest Lower control Arm Relocation Brackets, Subframe connectors, an adjustable Panhard Rod, and a Strut Tower Brace.
-Tires If you plan on racing, get some drag radials. Mickey Thompson E/T streets, Nitto 555R's, and Nitto NT05R's are all common street/drag radials. And each have benefits/downsides.
-Performance tune-When you're done with the bolt ons, at the very least get a mail order tune from www.madz28.com or www.pcmforless.com A better, more precise option would be a dyno-tune by a compotent tuner.

But the most important thing is to make sure you have a good running car. Make sure the fuel filter, plugs, wires, coil, ect are all in good working order. Clean the MAF and throttle body if it needs it.

And most importantly, don't be afraid to ask questions There are plenty of ways to install stuff and parts that are wrong.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Thanx, this is a major help.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, they're just the chrome 16s like I have. Congrats!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Super clean car....how many miles on her? and if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for her?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Teching In

147K for just under 4K.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cheetor1981
Thanx, this is a major help.
Yeah with this forum you'll save yourself the headache and money of doing things like buying an aftermarket Mass Airflow sensor, handheld "programmers", "racing computer chips", and other complete wastes of money like that-no matter how appealing they look and sound
Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Teching In

welcome to the realm of muscle i am actually pickking up a 96 red z28 6-speed tomorrow >.< ive had a base model 95 camaro for almost 2 years so needless to say im excited. this site has worked wonders for me as far as my knowledge of cars and im 100% sure that itll save me sooooo much money time and headaches.

Quick Reply: New z28/LT1 Owner...