Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

VW Jetta is so SLOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default VW Jetta is so SLOW!!!!

So I was driving my truck(93 Toyota pos, 2wd, 22RE, 5 speed) and this a@@hole in an early 2000's VW Jetta had been tailgaiting me for over a mile. I was doing 45 in a 40 when he came up on me pretty quick and proceeded to ride my ***. So I dropped down to 40 and just waited until the road opened up to 4 lanes about a mile up.

I knew he was going to blow by me, so I dropped down to 2nd and decided to **** with him. 40mph at 2nd is right in the meat and potatoes of the powerband in my truck, I was thinking he'll probably just blow by my slow pathetic ***.

But no, he pulled about even with my door by the time I floored it. And he stayed right there until I let out at 85mph, absolutely nailed the 2-3 and 3-4 shift. He did the traditional ricer flyby and then quickly turned off on a side street.

What was even funnier is that I figured out he was a poor retarded ricer when he stepped on it, Jetta had a LOUD fart cannon exhaust, some body damage on the rear fender, and a set big wheels.

His Jetta had to be the base 4 cylinder, he would've walked me hard if it had the 1.8 turbo motor. And it definetly didn't sound like a diesel. It was this body style, btw.

Here's my truck, hope his pride got knocked down a notch in that he couldn't even beat this pos
Old 01-24-2012, 03:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, ive seen nicer trucks being driven around the junk yard hauling parts around!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 AM
TECH Regular

Was probably the 2.slow
Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my ex has the 1.8t 5speed its a pretty quick (fun) little car,

Here is it (100%stock) vs my buddies vr6 corrado with weight reduction and muffler delete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BqrFgP-dY

granted it was a whooping but I raced him before and stayed on his bumper.

here is that corrado vs my ws6 to give you an idea that its a pretty quick car (very short run(bounced rev limiter in 1st and second )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeY5bFLOpGY
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Yeah probably the 2.0 crap motor. I have a 2004 GLI with the 2.8L VR6. Not the fastest thing out there but it's got a 200HP and 195ft/lb rating. Decent and deff can hold off Civics and such. Poor guy was soooo screwed after that. I remember my dads old 86 Toyota pickup with the 22RE, thing wasn't to shabby for it's time. Deff kicked ***! Reliable *** heck to boot!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Teching In

holy **** i thought my truck sucked.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
holy **** i thought my truck sucked.
Hey now, it runs about a million times better than it looks. Since that picture I've fixed the hood latch and gotten rid of the cord. Also fixed the busted headlight, turns out it was just a rock that hit the sealed beam, easy fix. Did a full tune up on it, it absolutely purrs. 162k on it, doesn't use any oil, runs like a champ. Has a new clutch in it as well, that wasn't cheap. Southern truck, so its actually cleaner on the underside than the "shiny" side.

Interior was a project as well, seat was in good shape, not ripped, great foam, but was horribly stained. Used two cans of carpet cleaner to get the seat looking like new, the stuff with the orange lid works wonders. Put new window cranks on the doors, and just really scrubbed the ever living hell out of it.

Also put 4 new speakers in it, 6x9 rears, 4" fronts. Still has the original 90's Kenwood tape deck. Using one of those tape deck to 3.5mm aux input thingys, it plays my MP3's. Sounds a hell of a lot better than most new car radios.

It looks like a joke, but honestly it rides nice, drives great, runs great, the seat is comfortable, has a nice stereo in it, reliable as all get out, and I don't give a **** if somebody runs into it or opens their door into it.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Teching In

I have yet to see a fast VW in person, which is why probably most of them go the hella-fucked route.

The new ones are fun to drive for sure though.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

An old female(this is important) friend has a 100% stock jetta auto 1.8 turbo, and would always talk **** about my car, i called her out to race she said " i dont race, it hurts your car" i loled all over the living room.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AronZ28
Hey now, it runs about a million times better than it looks. Since that picture I've fixed the hood latch and gotten rid of the cord. Also fixed the busted headlight, turns out it was just a rock that hit the sealed beam, easy fix. Did a full tune up on it, it absolutely purrs. 162k on it, doesn't use any oil, runs like a champ. Has a new clutch in it as well, that wasn't cheap. Southern truck, so its actually cleaner on the underside than the "shiny" side.

Interior was a project as well, seat was in good shape, not ripped, great foam, but was horribly stained. Used two cans of carpet cleaner to get the seat looking like new, the stuff with the orange lid works wonders. Put new window cranks on the doors, and just really scrubbed the ever living hell out of it.

Also put 4 new speakers in it, 6x9 rears, 4" fronts. Still has the original 90's Kenwood tape deck. Using one of those tape deck to 3.5mm aux input thingys, it plays my MP3's. Sounds a hell of a lot better than most new car radios.

It looks like a joke, but honestly it rides nice, drives great, runs great, the seat is comfortable, has a nice stereo in it, reliable as all get out, and I don't give a **** if somebody runs into it or opens their door into it.
well im sold then. ill take it.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I have yet to see a fast VW in person, which is why probably most of them go the hella-fucked route.
Yep.

I've met a couple of legit VW owners, but most of them are the biggest toolbags in the automotive community.

Eurotrash **** jockeys 9 times out of 10.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LightningTeg

The new ones are fun to drive for sure though.
This is true... There's a hell lot of riced VW in my area..They travel and packs and go to honda meets just to get smoked.. They all seem to have blacked out lights, bigger blow off valve and bigger inter-cooler and the extra 30whp stickers that the put all over there cars. For those of you that don't know... street glow stickers are good for an easy 5whp! Good kill. I love seeing trucks smoke cars.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Imstock2
This is true... There's a hell lot of riced VW in my area..They travel and packs and go to honda meets just to get smoked.. They all seem to have blacked out lights, bigger blow off valve and bigger inter-cooler and the extra 30whp stickers that the put all over there cars. For those of you that don't know... street glow stickers are good for an easy 5whp! Good kill. I love seeing trucks smoke cars.
Ive noticed less and less ricers in the last few years. Am I the only one?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
I tried to race a eurotrash jetta in my silverado yesterday. The kid looked like a prepubescent vegetarian with a hoodie and aviators (it was about to rain and this loser is wearing sun glasses).

He wouldn't take the bait, maybe because he saw me using my phone as a camera, or maybe because he was a bitch.

Back in like 2007 i ran a cammed 2.slow golf in my 4cyl s10 (17s on a good day, lol) and won, 1/4 mile from a dig. "Dubbers"...worse than
Old 01-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn.

<<I thought my camaro was bad.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
The kid looked like a prepubescent vegetarian with a hoodie and aviators (it was about to rain and this loser is wearing sun glasses).
Down to the Tee lol. skinny jeans, sideways hat, emo girlfriend, almost always.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Teching In

My friend has a jetta pretty nice and runs high 13s has upgraded turbo k03 from audi s4, cold air intake, front mount, chip and some other stuff don't really remember anyway here's a pic
Old 01-28-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

That is the ugliest truck I have ever seen! Lol

Who gives a **** what I think if it euns great and gets good gas mileage!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by infamouzlsx
My friend has a jetta pretty nice and runs high 13s has upgraded turbo k03 from audi s4, cold air intake, front mount, chip and some other stuff don't really remember anyway here's a pic
sweet tires, i wish my t/a had those....
Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beans
I tried to race a eurotrash jetta in my silverado yesterday. The kid looked like a prepubescent vegetarian with a hoodie and aviators (it was about to rain and this loser is wearing sun glasses).

He wouldn't take the bait, maybe because he saw me using my phone as a camera, or maybe because he was a bitch.

Back in like 2007 i ran a cammed 2.slow golf in my 4cyl s10 (17s on a good day, lol) and won, 1/4 mile from a dig. "Dubbers"...worse than
Did he have a fake euro plate too? These are the people that make me sad owning a nice German car.

Quick Reply: VW Jetta is so SLOW!!!!