Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need some exhaust opinions

Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some exhaust opinions

I am new to the site and fairly new to the V game.. Its a 2005 CTS-V, only mod is the bmr anti wheel hop kit. It's about time to get some sound out of this thing. I am leaning towards the magnaflow catback for sound, but I would like to hear some feedback as far as quality of the catback kits, ease of installation, or if a catback kit is even worth the money vs mufflers only and so on. thanks!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Magnaflow kit is really easy to install. I found the Corsa was a tighter fit, thus more tinkering. Though the Corsa is also the only one (I'm aware of) that tucks above the goofy floorpan connector thing.

To me the Magnaflow had drone, though it is very mild, in 6th at 55-65mph. The Corsa has none, but it is really loud when you step on it (which is cool, unless you don't want every cop within a mile to know you pressed the pedal down).

I'd say the Magnaflow was a bit louder at low throttle, and quieter at big throttle. Both sound good though. I went back to gutted stock, but I also drive it every day, and want some civility from a caddy.

I don't think any of them are hacky/low quality kits. But I've only had those two.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

I have the Magnaflow kit on my 04, very happy with it. Slight drone that aurora mentions, but I spend 90+% of my time either cruising at70ish or stuck in traffic, so it's not really a problem for me.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

I have my mufflers deleted. It's great to get some sound if you're on a budget, but it drones very badly, and I don't too much care for the tone it produces. I won't say i regret it though. I'm currently trying to get my hands on a corsa catback. I just can't get over the sound they make.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

I was never a big fan of the Corsa sound...raspy/rattle stuff but top quality though. I've been very happy with my Magnaflow especially after adding Kooks headers and no cats. Sounds amazing at WOT.

Magnaflow bolts up easy like Corsa...The problem is when adding Kooks headers they don't line up correctly so a little fab work is required. With Corsa, they offer connecters that mate up nicely. Something to think about beyond a catback.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Resonator delete with x-pipe and electric cutouts. I've got this setup and wouldn't consider a cat-back.

I prefer the low-profile quiet exhaust while I'm in the city or around the 5-0, then I love the raw powerful sound of the open pipes when I'm messing around.

It's also about half the price of a corsa setup.... more $$ for headers.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 PM

i think i am going to go with magnaflow. good quality, cheaper, good sound, that works for me. thanks for the replies, this all helps!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

Originally Posted by aurora40
The Magnaflow kit is really easy to install. I found the Corsa was a tighter fit, thus more tinkering. Though the Corsa is also the only one (I'm aware of) that tucks above the goofy floorpan connector thing.

To me the Magnaflow had drone, though it is very mild, in 6th at 55-65mph. The Corsa has none, but it is really loud when you step on it (which is cool, unless you don't want every cop within a mile to know you pressed the pedal down).

I'd say the Magnaflow was a bit louder at low throttle, and quieter at big throttle. Both sound good though. I went back to gutted stock, but I also drive it every day, and want some civility from a caddy.

I don't think any of them are hacky/low quality kits. But I've only had those two.
who drives 55-65 in 6th? lulz......
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^and Jimmy ****** who knows every is back making a retarded post. Please just die already.

To the OP...
I have Magnaflows and Kooks. Love the sound, but there is a slight drone for me at ~1500rpm. Mine is barely noticable, but its there. It took me awhile to notice the drone since I rarely, if ever now, drive with the car at that RPM. From talking with other guys that had a similar set up to mine, since I have Cats on the car still mine drone is less noticable then theirs is/was.

For you options, it will be dependent on the amount you want to spend vs the sound you want.

Magnaflow- middle of the road on price. Has the nice deep, rumble that Magnaflows are known for. Pretty quiet at idle, and not that loud when just cruising around. But at WOT, it does get pretty load.

Corsa- Most expsensive. Very loud and raspy whenever you go near throttle. The one benefit to Corsa is, IMO, it is the only Cat Back system that is a direct hook up connection to Kooks LTs. The reason I did not go with Corsa is I don't like how raspy that it sounds.

Muffler/Resonator Delete- Cheapest, and doest sound half bad. The reason I choose not to do this is it is illeagel to drive in Texas, and on DoD Installions for that matter, with out mufflers. And the inspection places out here are getting really tough. So I went with a Cat Back.

Cut outs- Keep the stock cat back, swap the tips out, and put LTs on there. You can have you quiet as stock when you want it, and then flip a switch to **** people off. This is the best option IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some exhaust opinions